Periods after birth

DaisyRose

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this so thought this was probably the best place!!

I know that many women don't have periods for months when exclusively breastfeeding but after I had Daisy they returned at 6 weeks, and then Rosie at 5 weeks, but this time I haven't had one at all yet and Ruby is 11 weeks old. I think I took longer to contract this time, and Ruby was a fair bit bigger than the other two, plus she seems to have more milk, and of course I am older!!! Could any of these things be anything to do with it???

Has anyone else had a similar scenario? Doc told me to do a preg test but I really don't think that this is likely as I don't feel at all like I'm pregnant!! I'm definitely hormonal though - have been for weeks :wall:

it wouldnt do any harm to do a test hun!!!
my periods have just come bk :evil: and jack is 8 weeks old! (i didnt think they came bk for months, we must be the unlucky ones!!!)

Hi gorgeous,

I hope you and your beautiful girls are well.

I exclusively breastfed my daughter and my periods came back when DD was 7 months, almost exactly a month to the day that I started to wean her onto solids.

I think everyone and every postnatal/breastfeeding woman's 'getting back to normal' time is different. However, maybe you should do a test and p.s. your ticker says you are one day pregnant - a sign?! Could you be up the duff?

Valentine Xxx

Thanks Nicci and Valentine,

The girlies are very well - settling into the new routine!!! We always seem to be rushing about with the school/ preschool run etc but it's going really well. Ruby is changing so quickly and time is flying - it's quite scary!!!

Crikey, I've just seen the ticker!!! I kept meaning to change it - it must have reset itself, I must get onto that!!!!

When I had Daisy and Rosie my periods returned the being a regular 30 day cycle straight away after the first one!!! I was quite shocked and disappointed to be honest as most women I know who've breastfed exclusively have had a break from them (one good friend of mine had 9 lovely period free months.....very lucky!!!) I'm supposed to be having the flu jab tomorrow! It is possible that I could be pg although I don't think I am, but I want to make sure before I have the jab so I'll either do a test, if I get time to go to Tescos and get one, or put it off for a bit longer.

All the best, :hug:

mine has come back today :evil: :( and i am exclusively bf adam is almost 17 weeks.

I've just had my first. I was pain-free, lasted 3 days and barely there! If they're like it all the time then i'm happy! Lol

Hiya,

Ruby is nearly 13 weeks now and still nothing, but a few period symptoms!!! I would be surprised if it didn't start over the next few days!!!

Nothing here yet either- not that I'm complaining! It'll probably turn up tomorrow now!

Alex xxx

Hiya,

Yeah, I'm kind of enjoying not having them too, although I'm a bit concerned as I had them much sooner with the others, and am begining to think it must be something to do with my age!!!!! I don't really like to think that my body is giving up on me, especially as I've kind of got it into my head that I may want another one :wink: !

I dunno - I hate 'em when I have them but moan when I don't :wall: What am I like!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back