Pneumococcal Vaccine

K X

Reaction score
They have now introduced the above in Scotland for babies under 2! may I add this comes thru a tad late with Rebecca just getting over meningitis just now! :twisted: As her system is low, and an after effect of viral meningitis is chest/lung probs, had her at the Dr's yesterday and she has bronchitis! and off nursery again :wall: I am contemplating withdrawing her from nursery and going down to 2.5 days per week. :?

Anyway, the pneumococcal vaccine will be done twice if under 13 months and only once for those over 2! it protects against pneumococcal infection which causes-meningitis,pneumonia, septicaemia, bronchitis and ear infections.

I got an appt thru last week for an injection for rebecca and wondered what is was for as she was up to date, but this jab is being introduced all over Scotland, I just wish Rebecca had it done before hand, and it would of stopped her suffering unnecessary like she is just now :cry:

Is this already being done in England? :think:

Its just been introduced. Jamie has his at the end of the month.

i cannot cope with any more vaccines! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
I fret letting mine have the ones that are out!

Charlie has had her invitation for her innoculation. She is going next week. DH wont take her, it traumatises him. Bless him!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back