Seriously depressed and scared this will harm baby?

sarahk

Reaction score
I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years (he is 33), in August last year he asked me to marry him, but as soon as I fell pregnant he changed his mind.
He's told me he is scared and he still hasnt told his sisters i'm having a baby...and its due in 9 weeks!!! He has a wierd relationship with his family anyway, but I found it very insulting that he wont tell them.
He now tells me he's unsure of us...how can so much change after he asked me to marry him??? I feel I have wasted 8 years of my life and I dont know how to get through the next few weeks of my pregnancy. I moved into my own flat a couple of months ago, we continued to see eachother and he still stayed most nights, but now, all he wants is the pub. I havent heard from him for the past couple of days, I feel so rejected. I saw him Friday and we had a great day setting up the baby room, but now he's just gone wierd.
I cant stop crying and i'm losing the excitement of having a child. I dont know how to cope and move on.

firstly you need some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont really know what to suggest its a difficult situation. But i really think he should tell his family, i'm sure they'll be over the moon about it! Do you know why he wont tell them?

And dont let him stop your excitement about the baby. Maybe sit down with him and have a really good chat about it all, tell him how you're feeling and ask him about his feelings if you havent already. You'd be surprised how in touch with thier feelings men can be :wink:

good luck hun, keep us updated xx :hug:

He does sound scared for whatever reason. Maybe its because he does not have such a great relationship with his own family and he is worried about the whole being a Dad thing and so on.

Maybe he was ready for marriage but hadn't really thought about children.

Sounds also like he is doing the old burying his head in the sand act too.

Try to sit down and talk it over with him and as hard as it might be, try to keep as calm as you can when talking to him. Hopefully he will be able to tell you what is on his mind.

And don't let his behaviour spoil your excitement. Maybe once LO is born he'll see things differently again

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back