Sleep/bottle combo help

claire2711

Reaction score
Wee man has only ever slept throught the night twice, after getting his jabs. I dont mind getting up to feed him, but now here's his wee routine;

bed 10.30pm
wakes for bottle at 2am, 5am, 7am and up at about 8.30/9am. all day until bed he feeds every 2hrs.

The thing is, now im thinking he is just waking up for these feeds out of habit. OH settled him at 2am last night with just the dummy, no milk. he just woke up about 30mins after that! :wall:

Any advice gals? Please! :pray:

(or am i doomed to getting 2hour power naps forever) :lol:

connor often feeds every 2 hours at night (with the occasional exception) so i'm probably not the best person to reply. i would suggest that if your LO is finishing off bottles then he's probably hungry and you should stick with what you're doing...

he'll sleep through eventually. that's what i tell myself anyway :lol:

at about that age Evie went from waking once a night (6 hours sleep either side) to doing exactly what you have described. She continued to do this for two weeks and we took it was a sign to start solids... now she wakes only once or twice, although it has taken quite a few weeks of solids to get to that stage (she now has 3 solid feeds a day)

J
xx

Theo used to wake up every 1.5hrs throughout the night (up untill bout 10weeks old) it was a killer. and he used to wake up at exactly the same times every night in the end. regardless of what time we put him down. so i was convinced it was just habbit.
we put him to bed at 7pm (with a big feed) and in the end i used to give him a big feed at 2/3am in almost darkness. put him in his bed. and if he woke up after this i sat by his cot and just gently put my hand on him and spoke softly untill he went bk to sleep. (i know this not work for everyone). we also used control crying during the daytime. babies come in to a light sleep after 45mins, so controled crying helped Theo to learn to settle himself (we never left him so get upset) it was always just a light moan and grumble maybe a cry for 5mins).
also once we put theo to sleep on his side he slept much better. he was obviously more comfortbale like this then on his back.

aww hope it evens out better for you, its no fun being woken up so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back