Smear test....

Chazabell

Reaction score
I have my 1st ever smear test next Thurs, and my AF is due next weekend. Is it safe and should i inform the nurse im TTC and im due at the weekend??

Chaz xxx

I'm not sure hun ...just wanted to say let me know how it goes as i want a smear (they won't do me one) just want to know what they are like, i'm going to keep trying until they will give me one. Hope all goes well xx :)

Its fine hun, AF wont affect your smear at all and vice versa.... and its not as scary as it seem honestly!! I have had so many of the buggers now.

It wont harm to mention to your nurse that you are trying to conceive she may have some words of wisdom for you x x

It's over so quickly, it really is nothing. The only thing I get told is to try an book your test mid-cycle as its supposed to give a more 'accurate' reading...don't know if this is standard advice given but the nurse at my doctors always tells me this xx

My nurse kept asking me if I would ever consider being a practice dummy for training nurses as I have a perfect cervix.... Hmmmm loads of strangers prodding around in my lady garden.... I dont think so!!

My nurse kept asking me if I would ever consider being a practice dummy for training nurses as I have a perfect cervix.... Hmmmm loads of strangers prodding around in my lady garden.... I dont think so!!

haha, er, I think I'd have said no too!!!

yeh it will be fine, i believe the only time you can't go is during AF xx

Smears really are nothing to worry about - although i have always been told too that you should go mid cycle (dont know why though)..........I would mention to her that you are TTC
x

I went for smears before i was ttc and they did say to book mid-cycle.

I personally would also mention that you are ttc just incase.

Everything is supposed to be sterile but they do give your cervix i good poke and scratch...

Maybe reschedule for mid cycle before OV? If they test aren't conclusive they only make you go back anyway :)

Last edited:
no that is not a problem i had one a few weeks ago and the nurse knows i was trying to concieve , and done a pg test after the smear so there is no harm in it x

Awwww thanks girls! I have a 45 min dentist appointment afterwards......its going to be a grim morning ha ha xxx

P.s Shauna, ill let you know how it goes xx

i have had my letter to book for a smear test, gonna talk to my dr about it though as my cycles vary from 35 to 70 days! try getting mid-cycle in there somewhere! lol!

i've not had a smear before but been prodded n poked by my consultant as i had to have routine sti tests.

I am only 24 and I have never had a smear, apperantly I am not entitled to one until I am 25 years old, well not long to go until November....

I have had a internal by the ladt doctor, so I suppose it's just the same poking and scrapping up there lol I used to be well worried and when I went for my internal, the doctor relaxed me and explained everything, so it don't bother...

Good Luck and try not to be too nervous, you will be ok

Donna xx

It's fine, honestly. Took me ages to pluck up the courage to get one, then I was like..oh, is that it!
It's uncomfortable for a couple of minutes but nothing more. All women should have them, they're very important! Spread the word!

Ooooo what an experience that was! I didnt pay attention to where i was in my cycle when i booked the test. Went in told the nurse we were trying, and she said ok. I laid back and off she went, the thing was fine just felt cold and hard, then a slight...burning sensation. When she was done she looked up at me and said "your period is here!" i felt awful and gross! But hey she just giggled and said dont worry, but for everyone still waiting for one......they aint as bad as people make them out to be!

xxx

Oh dear! No, smears aren't bad at all! Just embarrassing :)

xx

Argh! lol

I'd be mortifed, but all is done now which is great :)

I am sure they have seen much worse ... wouldnt even worry about it hun x

Lol!

glad it wasent that bad, they won't give me one til im 25 :( worried i could get cervical cancer by then! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back