SMEP - November! Making the 20% chance a 40% one!

Oh ok, so continue for three nights even though we DTD yesterday?
You prob were clear, its my brain turning to fuzz with all this TTC business, numbers, days and hours going round in my head constantly :faint:x

No consider yesterday day 1 of DTD, do it for another 2 days then have a days rest then do it again

otherwise the sperm will just not have time to get prepared!

Ok, thanks :)
I am hoping they will have a little recovery time as we DtD yesterday afternoon and wont be able to til later tonight and the documentary 'the great sperm race' (have u seen it? its so infromative) says they need 30 hours...so will be about that. Thanks for your help and advice :dance: xx

Ok, thanks :)
I am hoping they will have a little recovery time as we DtD yesterday afternoon and wont be able to til later tonight and the documentary 'the great sperm race' (have u seen it? its so infromative) says they need 30 hours...so will be about that. Thanks for your help and advice :dance: xx

Did you not find it made you worry more?!!

I now find myself thinking of the poor wee spermies and their journey after every time we dtd!! Not exactly pillow talk :lol:

I have to say I wasnt as aware before of how long and hard the journey is. I understand more now why its not so easy to get preggers, poor little swimmers!!!

Last edited:
I watched that show last week.

Except now I think of lots of little people wearing white running about in my bits!

Hi all,

Wanted to join in as I read all your posts last night after second day of SMEP!

This is only our first month of TTC but I read the plan and it seems to make so much sense! I've told my fiance that I'm not going to tell him when the "magic" time is for BDing as I don't want it to become a chore, but he seems pretty keen at the idea of every other day so far!!!!

After years of prevention I can't believe it's so complicated to get pregnant?!

Look forward to reading more posts from you all!!

Jolly

Hi all,

Wanted to join in as I read all your posts last night after second day of SMEP!

This is only our first month of TTC but I read the plan and it seems to make so much sense! I've told my fiance that I'm not going to tell him when the "magic" time is for BDing as I don't want it to become a chore, but he seems pretty keen at the idea of every other day so far!!!!

After years of prevention I can't believe it's so complicated to get pregnant?!

Look forward to reading more posts from you all!!

Jolly

Hi Jolly,

Welcome :)

I know what you mean, you spend your youth being told you only have to look at a boy and you will be pregnant (extreme over exaggeration but you know what I mean :lol:). There is so much involved, I think SMEP makes alot of sense too, I hope it works for all of us xxx

How's everyone getting on?

I'm surprised at how "up for it" I am!!! The more we BD the more I want to!!! I thought it would be the total opposite and it would feel like chore. Of course OH not complaining either!!!

Think this weekend is the biggy for us and really happy it falls over the weekend s I'm finding myself getting quite tired for work. :nap:

Jolly xxx

Didnt manage to do SMEP quite right this month, because of a few issues that happened but this month we are going at it in earnest ;)

Just need to get some new OPK's and we are on our way ;)

How's everyone getting on?

I'm surprised at how "up for it" I am!!! The more we BD the more I want to!!! I thought it would be the total opposite and it would feel like chore. Of course OH not complaining either!!!

Think this weekend is the biggy for us and really happy it falls over the weekend s I'm finding myself getting quite tired for work. :nap:

Jolly xxx

Hi Jolly,

SMEP is done for us, stuck to it up to OV (or after OV day) and then stopped as son not well and also I dont see the point in BD'ing after OV, better to BD before than after!! xx
Good luck for the weekend :) xx

Arghghg!!! Just want to go upstairs and seduce OH but Xbox is taking priority - whoever invented them needs a proper spanking!

I have what I think is Ov pains in lower right abdomen which is pretty standard for me, so I know this weekend is pretty important for us.

OH is definitely on side, I'm just having to wait for him!!! Hahah SO much :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd:

Just realised from looking at my chart that we didn't start SMEPPING until CD12 - is that too late or is that OK considering my cycles are normally 31 days?

Feeling pretty chilled out though and decided I don't want to get into habbit of POAS unless it becomes necessary. I think for now it's best to relax and go with the flow a little bit

:dust: to all!!!

MWAH
jolly xxx

I wouldnt worry, you are gonna be covered on the most important days if you BD over Ov time. I started SMEP on day 8 (27day cycle) and with that I am sure the little fellas wouldnt last that long. xx

Good luck ladies ( Bring on the christmas BFP'S ) xx

Hi Jolly,

SMEP is done for us, stuck to it up to OV (or after OV day) and then stopped as son not well and also I dont see the point in BD'ing after OV, better to BD before than after!! xx
Im the same as you Jolly81 - I never really enjoyed the bd thing (well not always) as suffered from lack of EWCM so bit painful at times but been using conceive + and taking EPO tablets to help with that and I think the more I bd the more im getting used to it so its not hurting and i want it more! YIPPEE! :) x

Just realised from looking at my chart that we didn't start SMEPPING until CD12 - is that too late or is that OK considering my cycles are normally 31 days?

I'm SO stupid!!!! I ws looking at my chart and we didn't start SMEP on CD12 - we started on NOV 12, which ws CD 9!!!!! Plonker!!!!

By the time I convinced OH it was bed time on Friday he was too knackered from playing on his Xbox so I was left all randy and annoyed while he zonked out next to me!!! (sorry TMI!!!)

Well luckily he'd recovered from "exerting himself" on the xbox by Saturday morning so we're back on track :sperm: heehee!!!

We too will probably slow down with the old BD after Tuesday as we're both flagging a little, but having so much fun we won't stop altogether :dance:

Not looking forward to 2WW though, I know it's going to feel like forever, and because the chances of catching in your first month are slim I know there's a good chance of being disppointed when I poas. Think I might just try and keep busy and wait as long as possible!!!

Anyone recommend any good/reliable/vfm HPTs? Again, as we're new to this I don't want to go for a cheaper kind if it's going to get our hopes up, only to be a false reading.

So sorry for the essay!!!!

MWAH
Jolly x

Hi Jolly,

Im the same as you Jolly81 - I never really enjoyed the bd thing (well not always) as suffered from lack of EWCM so bit painful at times but been using conceive + and taking EPO tablets to help with that and I think the more I bd the more im getting used to it so its not hurting and i want it more! YIPPEE! :) x

PB - Me and OH went through a phase of not feeling like it at all and I did start to worry a little about having to "go through the motions" etc. We went on holiday in Sept and had such a wonderful time and got past our "little phase". Now I'm hornier and fancy my OH more than ever!! LOL!! It definitely helps as I'm really not a fan of BDing on demand!!

When does everyone start their 2WW? I keep thinking everyone must have the cycle as me but of course we're all at different points.

FX for a BFP for one of us!!!

:dust:

Jolly x

Dammit!!! I'm so so so so stupid!

So today I have had really strong stomach cramps and EWCM, which to me suggests I didn't ov over the weekend, but TODAY!!! :wall2:

We have now BD:

CD9
CD11
CD13
CD16 (skipped cd15 as I wasn't as important as the xbox!!
CD17

So now I'm all over the place and think we should BD:

CD18/19/21 (CD18 BEING TODAY)

Anyone any clue? I'm such a spod! I know this is exactly how I feel when I ov so I should've realised I hadn't already yesterday, although I did have some cramps.

Sooooo confused now - anyone got any idea what the best thing to do now is? Obviously this isn't really SMEP, more like BD as much as possible until your partner's wotsit drops off!!!! :bd:

Sorry, feeling a bit silly becuse I've let myself guess instead of using other methods.

:doh:

(not so)Jolly xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back