Sore C section scar 2 years later and wanting TTC

Sahara

Reaction score
Hi There,

I wondered if any mums who had c esctions first time round still experienced pain in their scar 2 years later?

I had and emergency section with my daughter now 2 and I want to start ttc no 2 but my scar still feels tender on the left side. Is this normal? or does it mean my scar is more likelt to tear if I get pregnant. I am really worried, I don't want to be agony for 9 months but I am desperate for baby no 2.

Anyone elses experinces would be gratefully recieved.

Thank you
Sarah

my daughter is 3 hun and i still have problems have been to the doctors with it twice in the past few weeks and have been given cream and antibiotics, the doctor said it wasnt unusual

It so annoying isn't it - esp as I was so close to a natural birth. Oh well. Got a Docs appt, but it is after the right time ttc so guess I will have to wait until Dec.

Thank you for sharing your info - what cream is it?

My pain is like bruising really. You can't even see the scar now. Strange....

I had an emergency section, though only a couple of months ago so can't really comment. My DH and I are looking into TTC LO number 2 when LO is 6 months...my thoughts about the tenderness...they have cut through nerves etc, so it's bound to be tender, etc. I had surgery on my inner ear and my ear was numb for a year as they cut a big line from halfway across my head to the bottom of my ear, then after that it was tingly and tender, I guess as the nerves were growing back or something like that. So I'm guessing if that's the reason then it's pretty normal to still feel funny around the scar for quite a while yet. If you have a docs appt, best to ask then :D :hug:

purplebluered said:
I had an emergency section, though only a couple of months ago so can't really comment. My DH and I are looking into TTC LO number 2 when LO is 6 months...my thoughts about the tenderness...they have cut through nerves etc, so it's bound to be tender, etc. I had surgery on my inner ear and my ear was numb for a year as they cut a big line from halfway across my head to the bottom of my ear, then after that it was tingly and tender, I guess as the nerves were growing back or something like that. So I'm guessing if that's the reason then it's pretty normal to still feel funny around the scar for quite a while yet. If you have a docs appt, best to ask then :D :hug:

hey hon, just a note but the docs said it is advised NOT to get pregnant within the first year of having he section, did you speak with them about wanting to ttc so soon?? just looking out :hug:

Sorry can;t answer original question

xx :hug:

Hi Sharne yep, I kept getting conflicting advice about it all, it was driving me up the wall. I spoke to my doctor about it, the last piece of advice was as long as it's 18 months inbetween labours then it's fine. I'm looking into the research and it's all to do with increased rick factors which I don't seem to have any of, but they like to cover their own backs. I'm just sick of all this conflicting advice I've been given, but my doctor has promised to look into it properly. I'd be willing to wait and hold my hands up and say I'll listen if they can say that the risks are significantly increased if you concieve within a year, but so far nothing like that has been said.

Sorry off topic but felt I needed to write that, I'd be interested to hear about other people's experiences, I might start a new thread on that :D actually think I already did but not many responses :think: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back