DRIVING AFTER A C SECTION

hananhmiller

Reaction score
Hi

Had my c section 2 weeks ago and was wondering when I can drive. Hospital said 4 weeks but I am feeling fine and scar is healing well. Did anyone actually check with their insurance company?

Thanks

Hannah xxx

My sis did 6 weeks ago, she had a check up today on advice of insurance and the doc gave her the all clear to drive...

Best check with them chick, to be on safe side and maybe see your doc, he may say its ok to drive now?? xx

Im really pleased your feeling well Hannah and that your scar is healing well :cheer:

i was told 6 weeks by the hospital and my insurance but gave in at 5 weeks but did find it painful

I was naughty. :oops:

I was told 6 weeks, but as the council moved us 5 miles away from Kayleigh's school, I had no option but to drive 10 miles twice a day once DH went back work after 10 days. I have to admit that I didn't ask the insurance company in case they said no. I drove for a month in complete denial, and probably illegally for the first time ever. :oops:

It really hurt carrying the baby seat to and from the car though, and I ended up on anti-biotics because I tore the scar inside and it got infected. :oops:

i did alot of things beofre i should have didnt drive till 5 weeks,my scar didnt close proberly and it took 3 months to get better.

my advice take it easy hun dont rush things :hug:

Hi Hannah,
I drove after about 4 weeks with Keiran and was fine. I did check with the insurance company who basically left it up to me. I think a lot of it depends on how you feel in yourself.

my insurance company said as long as docs are happy you can drive but phone yours i drove after 2 weeks

I had a family emergency 5 days after my section and HAD to drive to rescue someone!!! :oops: Did feel sore and haven't driven since! Didn't tell insurance though! I think mine said something about waiting for 4 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back