SPD

amandapanda

Reaction score
I had pretty bad SPD during pregnancy, and along with low placenta, pre-eclampsia, emergency c section & serious wound infection, I am unlucky in that I still have it after birth. Am peed off that it's not gone, I am peed off of hearing that I've been one of the unlucky few for all of these problems I've encountered!

Anyway, has anyone else had SPD after birth? How long does it hang around for?I am unable to do any serious exercise right now because of my wound, but am finding even walking hard work due to the SPD and I am in alot of pain inbetween my thighs and pubic bone area :-(

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time of it recently. However judging by that gorgeous little picture your clearly doing a fantastic job as a mother. He is just gorgeous.

Personally I can sympathize with the SPD pain you have, although my own pain wasn't as acute as your describing.
What measures are you taking at the moment? Do you sleep with a pillow between your knees? (This was vastly helpful for me)
Have you spoken with your GP since the birth?

I recently read an article which mentioned using Shiatzu massage (using a trained practitioner) to relieve the pain.

Above all, take care of yourself, ensure you have plenty support around you. You've been though a lot and need to recover at your own pace.

Good Luck :clover: Let me know how your feeling soon. :hugs:

Huge congrats Amanda, I've not been able to read all the posts on here , hadn't realised you had had baby!! well done you , he is lovely.. and great name, really unusual too, (Is it from a book?, as that's the only time I had heard it , in one of my fav fiction books, a fantasy one).

I know nothing about SPD, but wouldn't have thought that with all that pain during pregnancy, I can't believe that most would go away straightaway after birth? surely it's like weight gain in pregnancy , that it will take time to leave, especialy if your body still has all that relaxin in it, which won't help.

If you have had a infection in your section wound, that can really take it out of you, your body may be soo busy fighting that and your imune system will be low, and recovering from spd may be the last thing on your bodys mind, get as much rest as possible, take multi vits etc, and relax

Hang in there , and do ask the docs for advice and answers to your questions, I really hope you get some relief soonX

Last edited:
Hi Amanda,

I also has really bad SPD during my pregnancy and was told it shoud clear up within two weeks of having Matilda! It didnt! So I asked MW again and another one said it shoudl go within 6 weeks! It didnt...and Ive since been told by consultant that it can hang around for 2 years afterwards!
Im in as much pain now as I was during my pregnancy and still have to sleep with pillow between my knees, and have to get help to get in and out of bed, turn over, get in and out of the shower and bath etc etc its horrendous!

I dont take any pain killers unless I cant bare it....but with a pretty high pain threshold I try not to take anything....however Ive got Diclofenac for when I cant cope with the pain....

Its awful and while Matilda is worth it all a million times I wish I didnt still have this.....hugs to you xx

Last edited:
Huge congrats Amanda, I've not been able to read all the posts on here , hadn't realised you had had baby!! well done you , he is lovely.. and great name, really unusual too, (Is it from a book?, as that's the only time I had heard it , in one of my fav fiction books, a fantasy one).

Thanks all....yes JJ mum the name Asher is from a book....The Bible!! Lol. It is an old testament name he was the son of Jacob and it means blessed or happy :) I love it!

Thanks for all your comments - SPD is hormone related apparantly and I've also heard that it can take a year or so to get back to normal. It's so annoying - even after the smallest amount of exercise, just a walk to the local shops and I seize up!My doc says just to take regular painkillers just to keep on top of it. Asher is worth it though and I just have to count my blessings and keep telling myself that even though I've had tonnes of health problems myself, I have a perfect healthy baby boy and I wouldn't change that for anything! xx

I thought mine had disappeared after 3 weeks but if I'm on my feet for too long, I'm rewarded with what I'd describe as a minor flare up. I'll be mentioning it to my doc next wed when I see him.

I'm sorry to hear yours is still as bad - mine was chronic and if it hadn't gone by now, I think I'd have thrown myself out the highest window we have :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back