ttc and smear test

babyblonde

Reaction score
Hi everyone, well here I am picking your enormous all-knowing brains!

I have a smear test booked for Friday, which according to my cycle is when I am due to start ovulating.
Can a smear test:
a) effect ability to get pregnant if the procedure coincides with fertile days
b) cause difficulties if one does get pregnant a few days afterwards?

Sorry if that sounds stupid, and I know that first month trying sounds a bit optimistic to be worrying about this - but I'd hate not to ask and not know something important!

If someone can answer this question I will happily wear a dunce hat for the rest of the evening for your amusement.

wont make any difference whatsoever, all a smear is is scraping cells off the outside of your cervix :hug:

Thank you!

I must sound like a total numpty asking all these stupid questions! I am blonde after all! :lol:

Well I can look forward to the lovely procedure on Friday (oh joy) and hopefully it won't cause too much discomfort and we can get down to some babymaking over the weekend :D

I don't think it affects, infact i should have one done as the one i did 6 weeks post natal! came with a slightly abnormal result!
but what i know is u can't have a smear if ur pregnant.

good luck

You CAN have a smear if your pregnant, my mum works in our colposcopy clinic and she say's she does them all the time on pregnant women. They just have to write a note on it for the lab. I only know because I've got to go and have one in a couple of weeks, and I was hoping I would now get out of it!!! no such luck!! :wall:
It defo won't make any difference if your TTC.

LittleLambe said:
You CAN have a smear if your pregnant, my mum works in our colposcopy clinic and she say's she does them all the time on pregnant women. They just have to write a note on it for the lab. I only know because I've got to go and have one in a couple of weeks, and I was hoping I would now get out of it!!! no such luck!! :wall:
It defo won't make any difference if your TTC.

Oh really, interesting, didn't know it was done on pregnant women! I'll check with my Dr again. curious to know although im not pregnant.

Hiya ladies, I went for a smear last Friday. When I told the nurse that I was ttc she asked me if there was a chance I could be pregnant, in the tww :doh: so couldn't say. She said that there was no evidence to suggest it would have any impact on a pregnancy but women usually waited for their period and then re-booked in. I had mine though, couldn't endure another wait! If it makes you feel any better, I have a right carry on when I go because I have a small cervix :oops: , and I'm usually in there for a good hour being prodded and poked all over the shop. My cervical troubles :rotfl: are on my notes too, so I doubt she would have performed it if there was any concern.

Just to end on a giggle every three years I go to the doctors, strip from the waist down, legs open, lamp (or two) inbetween legs as well as nurses head to be told "well.....you didn't deliver your son vaginally did you!?!?!" Lovely, thanks very much - hope I never bump into my nurse on a night out!!! :rotfl: xxx

I had my last smear when i was in the 2ww, it turned out i was pregnant but I didn't know at the time.
So I wouldn't worry!

Thanks for all the advice ladies - I am soooo looking forward to it tomorrow :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back