Vaginal protrusion - any advice!

thirdtrimester

Reaction score
Any advice? I am 34 weeks pregnant and have something like tissue protruding from my vagina. I have been to my doctor, who says it is not a prolapse, or a varicose vein (the first things I had thought of), but just hormones causing the vaginal wall to swell and protrude. Have never heard of this before! He says it may get larger during the next six weeks, and when I am pushing in the second stage, he would expect it to protrude further, but that it is not a cause for concern - as long as she knows about it and doesn't do something silly like mix it up with the cervix, the midwife should just push it in again!
Has anyone else had this? I am scheduled to have a home birth. Am wondering if I should change my plans now, or is this, as my doctor seems to think, an uncomplicated issue?

Welcome to the pf - I don't have any advice hun sorry, but i am sure someone here will x

oh no, that sounds so worrying :hug:

I've never heard of it before but i really hope you still get your home birth xx

so if it's hormonal, then I am guessing it should go back to normal nicely after the hcg is out of your system, after the birth, I'm sure if they were worried they would tell you Hun X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back