VBAC and HBAC hopefuls support thread

If all else fails cos just go in and refuse everything. If they ask you to be monitored then do it but for 30 mins and if everything is normal you can ask for them to be removed or remove them yourself. Noone cab make you stay on the bed.

Have you thought anymore about a doula?

:hug: I can imagine this is wearing you down and I can only hope I don't encounter the brick wall that you have. X

I have looked into a doula but oh was reeeeally not keen. Then my sister got annoyed because I'm only allowed 2 people in and she was moaning then because she'd be bumped off for the doula ;)
So I've told her everything I do and don't want and she's said she'll speak up for me x

:yay: for scary sisters!

When I get my homebirth I want my whole bloomin family there lol. Except my dad who'll be looking after LO. :)

It's your body and your baby and you have rights hun!
Put your foot down and say this and this and this is what I want or I'll transfer to a differant unit ;)

On the one hand I feel really brave, like I can go in there and say "it's happening this way or I'll stay at home", then the doubts creep in, what if I put my foot down and something went wrong?? It would be my fault, I'm torn :( xx

I know this might be a silly thing to say, but one of the reasons I feel confident about asking for a home birth next time is because as well as midwives picking up signs I believe if you are relaxed and calm then you'll get a sense if you feel something might be wrong. Then you can ask for extra support and monitoring etc.

I know this might be a silly thing to say, but one of the reasons I feel confident about asking for a home birth next time is because as well as midwives picking up signs I believe if you are relaxed and calm then you'll get a sense if you feel something might be wrong. Then you can ask for extra support and monitoring etc.

That's not silly at all. That was my original thought but after all the scaremongering at the hospital, I have nagging anxieties and they've really put the frighteners on me.
I know now that when I go into labour I'll be worrying about rupture, which will raise my anxiety, which will hinder my hypnobirthing as my mind will be full of doubts and worry about rupture.
I'm trying to be rational, I know that the risk is minimal, but I'm worrying now x

I spoke to my consultant the other day when i went in for anternatal and he said to me (cuz i want a water birth) that its not ideal because ill need monitering - he did say there was these water moniters but alot of medics gave them bad reviews. He told me that if i really really want one then i could speak to my doctor to see what he has to say and get him to write a letter of recommendation. Maybe you could do this? Speak to him and explain what you want x Although i wanted a water birth ive decided to give up on that idea - not worth the risk, esp since my baby might come early aswell....but if thats what you want, DONT give up xxx
Good luck hun! x

Thanks hun.
There was no mention of underwater monitors, I will ask when I meet with the head mw xx

Well this is what he mentioned to me - whether they're still doing the rounds i don't know, but worth asking just incase! x

Thanks for the info :)
I will most certainly ask be ause surely that means that they can have the co start monitoring that they want and I can have the water birth that I want. That would be ideal xx

So tomorrow I have an appointment with my community mw.
I have (another) list of questions and will hopefully find out about the possibility of wireless monitoring if they have it.
I actually feel quite pro-active at the moment, but once they start bombarding me with talk of cerebral palsy and death I just crumble x

Thanks love, I'm fired up and ready for this (at the moment), hope she's supportive x

Back from the mw appointment.
She was very supportive!!!
She thinks that the dr at the hospital has gone over the top a bit and actually thinks I'll have more luck with the head mw :)

She said that if you are having a rupture, there are signs that I would feel, before anything showed on a monitor.
Constant pain in the scar, especially between contractions being one of them.
I feel more confident now for meeting the head mw and putting my birth plan forward.
She said that I'd be fine to get my pool at home and labour for as long as I'd like at home, which is great.
All in all, very positive xxx

Honestly that makes me so so happy to read this!!! :yay: and :love: all in one go!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back