My VBAC

Chubbie_Love

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Let me first say I hope you all are doing well. Those of you that are overdue I hope you have your little ones soon.

Malik Tyree Barrocales July 21, 2011 @11:44 p.m.
8lbs. 0oz 21inches

07/20/11

I had my scheduled doctors app that morning at 11a.m. My doctor checked me and I was about 2/3cm. Since I was trying for VBAC he didn't want to wait much longer so I anticipated an induction date. I was told to call the L&D at 4a.m. the next morning.

07/21/11

I woke up and called the L&D at 4a.m. where they told me to come on in. Mind you my husband had just arrived the evening before at around 10p.m. from out of state. I hopped in the shower woke my mum and hubby and we headed to the hospital.

5a.m.

Got to the L&D where they started my IV. I was told my doctor did not leave orders on how to start the induction process. Since I wanted to try for a VBAC a lot of doctors don't start you off on pitocin. Instead I started with my enema. Wow! This definitely reminded me as to what was about to happen.

12p.m.

Yes, your reading this right ladies my doctor still had not arrived at the hospital. For 7hrs. I was laying in a hospital bed having contractions that were tolerable, but I hadn't eaten since 7p.m. the night before.

2p.m.

My doctor finally shows up. Decides to check me and I'm only about 5/6cm. He then breaks my water bag. The Anesthesiologist came to see me earlier and told me to get my epi sooner than later just in case my uterus ruptured and I had to go to surgery. I was going to wait longer, but hubby suggested I go head and get it done since my contractions started getting worse since my water was broken.

2:15p.m.

The Anesthesiologist that suggested I not wait came as soon as I asked for it even though his shift was ending. He was so amazing, or so I thought at the time!

5p.m.

My doctor decides to start Pitocin to make my contractions stronger and closer together. This seemed to be working and I was making progress. I was about 6/7cm.

7p.m.

Another shift change and at this point I'm so exhausted I don't know what to do. I'm tired, hungry, frustrated, etc. all in one. Not to mention I notice that my contractions are further apart and not as strong as they were. I asked my nurse why and she says it happens and they'll probably increase my pitocin. Well, when she brings in the new bag to hook it up what does she find. Last shift never connected it and it emptied on the floor! This is why my labor had stalled. Little did I know that my doctor was planning on giving me a c-section at this point, but my nurse who also had a VBAC was begging him to give me more time.

9p.m.

Oh, did I mention that my epidural failed. I was dying at this point! I was only 8cm. Yes, it was progress, but really slow. My nurse Erika was so supportive. Telling me it was still progress and I was going to get my vaginal delivery that I wanted.

11p.m.

Checked and only 9 1/2cm. I lost it at this point crying telling my husband how tired I was and I wanted a c-section. I felt every contraction. The pressure was nothing like what I felt with my daughter who was 6lbs. 6oz. I asked Erika if I could just push the last lip away and I'm not sure if she was suppose to allow pushing, but she did. It worked I was finally complete. However, I had to wait for my doctor! WTH! 20mins later he shows up! I start pushing, but my left leg went completely numb. Yes, my epidural decides to start working! So, I can feel nothing on the left and volcanic lava on the right. I kept asking what was taking so long and my doctor says I'm going to have to help you with the vacuum.

11:44p.m.

Vacuum, say what! I don't think so! Two more pushes and he was out. However, I started getting an infection, because my water bag had been broken for so long. When he was born he had a temp as well. I was so scared. Crying and thinking after all this I can't lose my baby. Eventually, his temp came down. He's much more perfect than I could have ever imagined. All my family was there Hubby, Mom, Dad, both sisters, both daughters, and our younger 16yr.old male cousin(lol)! The delivery was ruff, but worth it. To those of you that are trying to VBAC be patient. Being induced is more stressful on your body than going into labor yourself. It also makes for a higher chance of delivering naturally. If ya'll have questions I’ll be glad to answer. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 1000000061.JPG
    1000000061.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 23
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 23
You done great, pleased you got your vbac. congratulations he's gorgeous xx

well done for getting your vbac :) and he's gorgeous congratulations x

Aaaawww Malik is gorgeous!!! I love that name - asked my hubby if I could call our son that if it ws a boy and he said no - boo

Well done on your labour - mine was as exhausting as that too with my son Joshua - 36 bloody hours later!!!

Huge congrats and thanks for sharing your story x

Congrats on the birth of your very beautiful baby boy. :)

I have a few questions.. What is a VBAC? and how far should i be to be learning this kind of stuff? i assume my MW should be talking to me about these things. I feel like such a numpty asking these things but i honestly dont know anything and it kind of worries me

x

Brilliant news about yer VBAC hunni! I also got mine ;) Yer boy is beautiful. Well done & congratulations!! x

Great VBAC story, you did amazing. He is so Gorgeous!!!

congrats!!!

and VBAC = vaginal birth after caesarean so if it doesnt aply to you ur mw will prob not mention it xx

congrats!!!

and VBAC = vaginal birth after caesarean so if it doesnt aply to you ur mw will prob not mention it xx

Oh this is my first baby.. i learn so uch from this forum, thanks :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back