Vbac

Kay1987

Reaction score
Hiya, just popping in from tri 1 to ask if anyone had had or going to try a VBAC? (viginal birth after cesarean) I had a section with my son and was told i could try and give birth naturally this time but to be honest it really worries me! anyone been there and done it or about to?! x

iv just had my second section i would say try your best for vbac hun if it what u want im still sad i couldnt

I was ok about giving birth the first time but it never happened for me after the loooong labour and i had 2 hav c-section but because ive already had the c-section im really scared about VBAC, i know its only a tiny chance but im worrying about a womb rupture from the old scar. I know its a long way off 4 me yet but want to be able to make the right choices. i dont actually know anyone that has done it. x

I'm goin for a vbac...had 2 natural births then an emergency section due to him been undetected breech...hopefully this 1 will behave lol. I'm not at all worried but I think that's because I've done it twice b4 and my section wasn't due to a medical complication.

I'm not lookin forward to the continuous monitoring durin labour but tbh I had this in my 2nd labour due to cord been around his neck. Make sure u voice all ur concerns wiv ur consultant and mw,I try and make a list of things to ask in between appts cos otherwise I forget lolxx

Thanks, will b looking to see how u get on :) So if u need 2 b monitored i take it home births and water births r out of the question? They think my c-section was just because of my sons position. x

Yeah I think so,il know more after my birth an appt at 34 weeks. But was told by consultant basically I'd b laid on a bed strapped to amonitor,that's gotta b better than a repeat section tho xx

im the same, ive had a section, found it a breeze really and the thought of a normal delivery terrifies me!! cant wait to see what u decide xx

Hey hon, I had an emergency section with my little boy and am hoping for a VBAC this week or next. Docs will let me go to 41 weeks so got a week and a half to get baby out. I'll post on here how it goes x x x

hiya hun, i had an induction with my eldest, went natural with my 2nd and had an emergency section with my third I am currently waiting on having a vbac this time, hopefully won't be long before my LO makes an appearance so will be able to let you know more after xx

im the same, ive had a section, found it a breeze really and the thought of a normal delivery terrifies me!! cant wait to see what u decide xx

I know what you mean, i recovered well and really quickly after my c section and found it quite easy so another one wouldnt bother me, but it would be harder this time with my son to look after. I know some ppl feel cheated out of their birth if they have to have a c-section but i really didnt! x

Karen and Wirenth, will b looking forward to hearing how your deliveries go! x

I know what you mean, i recovered well and really quickly after my c section and found it quite easy so another one wouldnt bother me, but it would be harder this time with my son to look after. I know some ppl feel cheated out of their birth if they have to have a c-section but i really didnt! x

Me, Me..

I have had three sections now and no labour, and I feel fraud like! How do I help my daughter when she ever has kids one day?

I caught up with a mate that had had normal delivery for her 10 week old in a supermarket recently, and she came out with the normal comment, when I told her honestly that I had never been into labour, and she said oh god you had it easy then, you so don't want labour. ( I did recover well each time as fairly fit before and even tho a little harder with two other tiny kids in tow, 3 and 1 the last time, still all ok), I would love to have a normal delivery, and be out the same day etc.
I never profess to having any idea how bad or painful delivery is, god it must be auful, total respect to all of you, but I assume others would alsway treat section only ladies the same, but they don't. I would love to have a vbac

I can totally understand how u feel but u shouldnt feel a fraud, if u have a c-section its pretty much out of your hands. I still had the labour for 32hours and it was hard work and really painful and then i didnt end up giving birth after all that! It didnt bother me at time time because i was shattered and just wanted him out, so now i look back and think, y would i put myself through all that again to possibly have a section again, maybe would b easier just to go 4 the section straight off! your right about being able to leave the same day tho, i hated being stuck in hospital. ppl think a section is the easy way out but its really not! one of my friends was bangin on about how she "hopes she doesnt end up with a section, coz then she would have failed as a woman, no offence" really annoyed me, i certainly didnt fail as a woman, i did what needed to be done to ensure my baby arrived safely and his mum was still around to look after him!....... - rant over x

no i wudnt feel fraud either ... like what happens if u have all normal and ur daughter needs a section? u cant think bout that, what u can do something about is how good of a mother youll be ! and i honestly believe when mothers take the time to join forums like this to ask questions and find out the best for their kids that theyre gonna be pretty ok!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back