Water...?

claire2711

Reaction score
Wee man is sooooo nearly 6 months :) , and we are going to start giving him water in sippy cup. just wondering when to do it, how much and should it replace a milk feed?

thanks girls! :hug:

We offer Finlay it at mealtimes but it doesn't replace any of his milk feeds. He's been reducing his milk feeds himself.

He doesn't drink loads to warrant leaving a milk feed out

I started offering water at meal times around 6 months but it took a good two months before she actually started drinking it. In the last month or two she actually drinks many gulps at a time. I offer water to her between meals as well (not that she often has it) because she is known to have suffered from on-and-off constipation.

However, water does not replace her milk feeds. She has only just dropped one milk feed between breakfast and lunch by herself. The main source of nutrition for babies up to a year is still milk x

I started offering water since 4 months! as I live in a hot country but it never replaces his milk...I offer it to him in between feeds and he only drinks about 1/2 oz but now he may drink up to 2 oz!
now I normally offer it to him after breakfast and after dinner and if he wakes up in the night (between feeds)!

Yeah, it takes a while for them to get the hang of it anyway, so wont replace any of the milk feeds right now.

At first, and for months Oliver was only drinking about 1/2 a cup a day.

Now that he's a year old and only on 2 milk feeds a day I'd say he drinks about 2 cups per day. I offer it to him throughut the day now.

I've tried giving him normal wholemilk (cows) and diluted juice in it too - but he turns his nose up at that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back