What happens at your postnatal check up?

Loulabelle

Reaction score
What sort of questions do you get asked and also should I expect my stitches to be examined/checked to make sure they're healed?

Thanks xx

Not much to be honest, they just asked me if I was feeling depressed, that's about it! I didn't have stitches though so not sure about that, if you want them checked then you could always ask if they don't do it anyway x

I never went to mine.

I had a c-section birth and the wound had healed really well so I couldn't be bothered tbh lol

I think they sometimes talk about contraception too lol

i had a c-section, but they didnt examine my scar or anything, and a few of my friends said that they didnt examine them either. They checked matthew over and just asked me how i was coping etc. Wasnt overly exciting.
XxX

I had stitches and she just asked if they were feeling okay. No examination apart from feeling my tummy to make sure everything was going back in the right place! xx

When I went for mine, I chatted to the Dr about whether things were going well, how baby was, I had an internal and they sorted out my contraception. That was about it xxx

I have mine tomorrow. Am taking a big long list of all my ailments since giving birth...think i'll be in there all day I have so much wrong with me! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back