What is this?? Photo warning.

emma_85

Reaction score
I'm still here TTC and this cycle has been an unusual one.

I had a day (after dtd) where my EWCM was the most I have ever seen. Very stretchy, clear and no odour. Since then I have had clear, jelly like blobs (only when wiping) every other day or every few days. I've not noticed any blood or tinges of pink or brown. I have attached a picture. This has been going on for 2 weeks.

As it stands, today my period is 4 days late that predicted via my flo app. My cycles can range anything from 29-35 days. I had one random month earlier in the year when I had a cycle of 44 days. So I'm not like clockwork.

As we are TTC, I am terrible for symptom spotting spending a fortune on pregnancy tests only to get bfn. This is why I feel reluctant to test again. But because this change in my discharge has been ongoing, I'm wondering what it is and whether anyone else has experienced it? This jelly blob is slightly stretchy but more sticky. It would stretch too far like EWCM.

Has anyone any ideas?

I'm not sure if anyone is on here lately, and has seen my posts, but I've taken a test and have a half line positive. So I'm as confused today as I was yesterday! I'm not sure if it is a positive but it is faint as it is very early days (if I am pregnant, I'll be 5 weeks), or is this an evap line?

I'm going to retest in a week and see what happens.

This forum is basically a ghost town the last two years, but especially the last six months. My first pregnancy I experienced what you are experiencing, but got a blazing positive one day after missing my period. During my later txt experience, I also got one of those deep blue half lines, and it was just an evap. I know it’s not what you want to hear (we’ve been try for almost five years and have had two losses in that time), but I also know how awful false hope feels. I would say faulty test, b also that at five weeks you should have a very definitive answer. I also recently found some research that having EWCM close to you period is a sign of low progesterone…which is a concern for me, because I do experience that. Hope this is somewhat helpful for you, and that your BFP is soon!

Thank you for your reply!

It really is a ghost town isn't it! Perhaps a modern version of this forum has been found and I just don't know about it!

I think you're right, I think it is an evap line. I do plan to retest but I'm going to wait a little longer.

Interesting about having low progesterone, I didn't know this with EWCM. Thanks for sharing. Usually with EWCM, it's only 2-3 days that I see this, yet this cycle I've had near on 2 weeks of it and the consistency is different to the thinner and stretchy EWCM that I normally see.

I did have some cramping the a couple of day last week, which I convinced myself was AF arriving and nothing.

I'm now CD42 and roughly 16dpo.

Sorry to hear about your losses, I can't imagine how painful that must be, especially with trying for as long as you have been. Sending lots of pregnancy good luck wishes your way xxx

Thank you for your reply!

It really is a ghost town isn't it! Perhaps a modern version of this forum has been found and I just don't know about it!

I think you're right, I think it is an evap line. I do plan to retest but I'm going to wait a little longer.

Interesting about having low progesterone, I didn't know this with EWCM. Thanks for sharing. Usually with EWCM, it's only 2-3 days that I see this, yet this cycle I've had near on 2 weeks of it and the consistency is different to the thinner and stretchy EWCM that I normally see.

I did have some cramping the a couple of day last week, which I convinced myself was AF arriving and nothing.

I'm now CD42 and roughly 16dpo.

Sorry to hear about your losses, I can't imagine how painful that must be, especially with trying for as long as you have been. Sending lots of pregnancy good luck wishes your way xxx

Thanks for your kind words <3 Keep me posted! I don’t really know what other forums there are either, and I don’t frequent this one as much as I used to. Hope we both get our sticky BFP soon!

Thanks for your kind words <3 Keep me posted! I don’t really know what other forums there are either, and I don’t frequent this one as much as I used to. Hope we both get our sticky BFP soon!
I had a blood hcg test today, now awaiting results, which I'm told come back swiftly.

I was also asked to do a swab of my cervix, which the nurse still wanted me to do, eventhough I had explained that the increase in discharge had stopped. She seemed keen to be thorough and weigh out any potential issues.

Still no AF for me. I'm 11 days late and CD 45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back