What????

tinytoes

Reaction score
Totally freaked out , some of you may remember my G.p told me I had a form of influenza not long ago i'm in my third week of feeling awful but gradually re-coving . I went for a check up today and asked about the swine flu jab as I want to have it . Apparently I've had a bad form of influenza and cant have it for another two/three weeks ? Have I had swine flu then ? Why do I need to wait ? :shock: . On the plus side he said my baby seems to be doing well .

Yeah, they have to wait a good few weeks to make sure it's out of your system before they can give you the jag unfortunately :(
Glad baby is doing well though! x

Me too so relieved ! I was just so confused .

ive just started getting a cold (blocked nose, cough and loads of sneezing), i feel fine though, just sometimes i feel a lil bit crap, mainly at night!

my auntie is pregnant and was advised to have her swine flu jab today as she has been run down recently due to her little girl being in and out of hospital for 4 weeks, and she is just knackered!

there are currently 4 pregnant ladies in intensive care, one has had to have a emergengy c-section at my hospital.

i am now 100% made my mind up to have the jab, so does this mean i will have to wait to get over this cold and then a extra couple of weeks before i can have it!

sorry about me ramberling on, just wanted any advice or info you can give me! xx

Last edited:
i am now 100% made my mind up to have the jab, so does this mean i will have to wait to get over this cold and then a extra couple of weeks before i can have it!

It's quite likely you'll have to wait to get over your cold unfortunately!
Maybe not though, just let them know when you ring up to make your appt :) x

thanks! :) Yes i will defientely ask when i go to book appointment! x

Deffo have it would be my advice to anyone , I just had a bad dose of flu and I have felt like death I've been so weak and so worried about my baby . Maybe you wont have to wait ? It cold depend on you doctor ? But as Heluyn says make sure to check xxx

yes i will, thanks hun.. hope u get urs soon!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back