4 months baby rice/porridge

emma_85

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just a query really about baby rice. I shall be starting my little boy on it within the next 4 weeks or so. I'm just wondering how much to give and how often?

I thought that the morning would be a good time, once Daddy has gone to work as he is quite content then and I think it would be a good "breakfast time" routine to begin. I have actually bought cow and gates "creamy porridge" especially.

I then thought that before his bath time I would try him with the baby rice, in the hope that once he has then had this, then bath and bedtime bottle that he may sleep through (currently waking 1.30am, 4am then 7am when i decide to get up!)

Would this be too much to begin with?

Also, it says on the baby rice box and porridge box to mix with water - would it be harmful if I actually miced it with his milk formula instead? I'm just thinking a familiar taste may help him to wean more successfully.

All replies/opinions would be much appreciated.

Hugs x

We started Ollie on C&G babyrice mixed with his formula to start off with so we didnt disturb his milk intake. Would give him 2-3oz of his tea-time bottle then a few spoons of babyrice then finish off his bottle for the first 3 days then mixed some veg or fruit puree in it and went from there really....

I gave Paige just one or two spoonfuls for the first few days and very slowly build it up from there. I gave it to her around midday so that it had time to digest nicely through the day rather than before bed.

i started my lo one the rice and porridge in the morning to give time for digestion and to see if he had any recations. after a week or so i introduced a little bit at dinner time aswel, like melio10, just a few spoons to start with and then gradually build it up from there!!

i always mixed it with milk instead of water!! even now i do the same when he has breakfast cereal!

i started with cow and gate creamy prridge in a morning just a couple of teaspoons at a time then started with veg at tea time so not to overload amelias stomach then just took the lead from her x

Where have you been Emma, haven't seen you on here for ages!

I would say just a couple of spoons because at this stage it's just about trying out the idea of using a spoon and discovering a new texture, it's not so much about filling them up just yet. That's a shame your still up during the night, are u bf?

Where have you been Emma, haven't seen you on here for ages!

I would say just a couple of spoons because at this stage it's just about trying out the idea of using a spoon and discovering a new texture, it's not so much about filling them up just yet. That's a shame your still up during the night, are u bf?

I know, it has been a long while hasn't it! I announced his birth the other day (pmsl - very bad!) but it explains where I have been!

Besides that though, I only manage to catch the odd 10 mins computer time here and there! During his nap times I am normally washing, sterilising, cleaning, phoning people to catch up! lol

I came on here for a poke around and by fluke noticed the baby section, which I think is fab! Could have done with knowing about these other sections a few weeks ago when Elliot was having bad sleeping patterns! ah well!

Anyway, how are you hun - want to know all about your gorgeous lil bubs! xxx

I started with porridge a few spoons at a time during milk feed then at lunchtime he had baby rice. Just mixing carrots in with the rice now all pureed to get him used to different tastes but still with a little familiarity.
My hv said yesterday if you are trying omething diff to do it at lunch time or breakfast so you can see if baby has a reaction or allergy to something rather than at night but once you ar ehappy with what foods she said to leave the carby style foods til tea time as these will help baby sleep thro.

I can't wwait to reduce the bottles as Alex brings most of his up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back