7 month old, feeding routine ...

haych86

Reaction score
We went to see the HV yesterday and I mentioned that Alfie is having 4 bottles of formula a day at the moment but is playing with his 3rd bottle of the day and not really seeming like he wants/needs it so it gets wasted. So I have come up with a new feeding routine for him. Testing it out today.

Does this seem ok? the times are not always exact we do give or take half an hour but its a rough routine, I feed Jars and home made depending on situation (where we are etc)

7am - wake
7.30am - 7oz bottle
8.30am - Breakfast (toast/porridge) few sips of water
10.00am -Snack of fruit (only if seeming hungry)
12.30pm - Lunch (equivalent of 1 stage 1 Jar) Water
2.30pm - 7oz bottle
4.30/5pm - Dinner ( Equivalent of 1 stage 1 jar meal and 1/2 a stage 1 jar of pudding)
6.50pm - 7oz Bottle
7pm - Bed (sleeps through until morning)

I will also offer water if he seems thirsty through out the day (only sips)

Last edited:
sounds good to me, ifhe was toying with a bottle its deffo worth dropping it & see how it goes. i experiemented for a good week or so with my lo as he was only taking a few onxes of completely refusing his afternoon bottle, and now he only has one 9oz bottle at bedtime, and one 6oz bottle when he wakes around 8. i also make his cereal etc with milk to get a bit more in him that way! good luck let us know how it goes!!!

That looks perfect to me. It def sounds like he want to drop that bottle.

Well so far so good on this routine, he's coping well, seemed bit thirsty around lunch time so I gave him some extra water but other than that he's doing well. Only thing I keep worrying is he will get dehydrated lol

He'll be ok. Charley only drinks around 2-3oz's of juice a day.

Thats the same routine we have with Drake. It works for us! He loves water so i do offer him quite a bit especially with it being warmer, i'm not worried about his water intake as he obviously needs it and it doesn't affect him drinking his milk at all.

Gosh after reading your LO feeding routine im a bit worried! does my 7 month old have enough?!

7am - 7oz bottle
9am - breakfast made with milk
11:30 - dinner (equivalent) half a jar with pudding (yogurt or fruit) and 3 to 4oz bottle
3:30 - tea (equivalent) half jar with finger foods and yogurt or fruit (opposite to dinner) 3 to 4oz bottle
7pm - 8oz bottle!

Obviously offer juice regulary and sometimes give him bits of what I'm having to try inbeteeen! This doesn't seem a lot but he sleeps 7:30 - 7am and is happy and content and weighs 20lbs x

My boys are coming up for 7 months and dropped a bottle down to 3 about 4 weeks ago. Our routine is virtually the same except I must have hungrier babies as they eat and drink more :lol:

Gosh after reading your LO feeding routine im a bit worried! does my 7 month old have enough?!

7am - 7oz bottle
9am - breakfast made with milk
11:30 - dinner (equivalent) half a jar with pudding (yogurt or fruit) and 3 to 4oz bottle
3:30 - tea (equivalent) half jar with finger foods and yogurt or fruit (opposite to dinner) 3 to 4oz bottle
7pm - 8oz bottle!

Obviously offer juice regulary and sometimes give him bits of what I'm having to try inbeteeen! This doesn't seem a lot but he sleeps 7:30 - 7am and is happy and content and weighs 20lbs x

Alfie is just a mega hungry boy but always seems thirsty lol, he weighs 21lb 7oz and is 76cm in length so very tall and slim lol looks like a 1 year old.

I'll write how we're doing it now, we've JUST switched routines but seems to be working so far

7am - Wake up
7-8am - Breakfast (Porridge, made with follow on milk and then a rusk) and a bottle (follow on milk for first drink of the day 9oz)
9am - Half an hour nap
Then this is where I would go out, when he wakes up at 9.30/9.45 because theres nothing to do for a while, but keeping him awake.
12- nap time
2.00 - Lunch - Sandwich or toast, and a pureed meal (he eats better at lunch so try and get as much down him as possible with lunch meal and a beaker of 4oz water (he'll drink about 2oz)
2.30- Infant milk 8oz
Then nothing until...
5 - dinner - Meat and veggies, pureed.
6- bath, bottle (infant milk 9oz) and in bed about 7 :)

I've added on naps and stuff, even though you didn't ask for it ;) Just seemed easier to just write it out so i remembered where the food fits in lmao x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back