Anyone who has had a successful or unsuccessful VBAC??

kat86

Reaction score
Hello,
My consultant is keen for me to have a VBAC

My labour was awful last time, at 38 weeks my waters went on the Thursday morning but i didn't go into labour (had a few contractions on the saturday morning but nothing that progressed) so i was induced on the Saturday morning...... contractions were extremely painful very quickly! by 8pm on the Sunday night, i was still only 4-5 cm and they could feel his head swollen so i was rushed for an emergency c section.

Now i need to decide what to do this time so any positive or negative experiences of VBACS i would love to hear!!

xxxx

I'm hoping for a vBAC this time but guess I'll take it how it comes, my last pregnancy was more than 9 years ago and resulted in the premature delivery of my little boy by emergency section under general anaesthetic, I already knew I was going to have a ceaserian as I had a complete placenta previa and had had blood clots but my little boy stuck his foot in the placenta and caused an abruption. Hes a very happy 9 year old now but I did find my first NVD much much much easier going!!

Wow that must have been scary for you!! So glad everything turned out ok. My friend had a Placenta abruption. Unfortunately it all happened too quick for them to do anything for her baby boy. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for her! I have found it really tough to decide what to do this time. My consultant has advised me to have an epidural of I have a natural do I can be rushed to theatre if there's an emergency. I would love to have a natural birth I just don't know if u can xxx

I haven't had a vbac yet but will be with my next. Even the day after LO was born the consultant came to see me to say there's no reason for a section next time and after speaking to another consultant since then they've promised me the best care they can provide (i had a shocking midwife).

A friend of mine has just had a very successful vbac and i met a lady not long ago who had a home birth vbac (which is what I'll aim for next time). Just voice any concerns and get lots of opinions from midwives and consultants to help you decide what's right for you.

I haven't had a vbac yet but will be with my next. Even the day after LO was born the consultant came to see me to say there's no reason for a section next time and after speaking to another consultant since then they've promised me the best care they can provide (i had a shocking midwife).

A friend of mine has just had a very successful vbac and i met a lady not long ago who had a home birth vbac (which is what I'll aim for next time). Just voice any concerns and get lots of opinions from midwives and consultants to help you decide what's right for you.
Ah that's really good to hear and makes me feel much more positive. I carry big babies for my size so I just hope this one won't get stuck. I'm really glad I am able to try though just petrified, like you I had a number of rubbish midwives last time. When ate you due? I will keep my fingers crossed for a home vbac for you xxx

Well hopefully you'll get a nice small baby :) although my LO was only 6lb 12oz and still managed to get into a weird position!

Im not pregnant yet. I want to wait as long as i can to give my scar the.best chance of healing. I went to a consultant to speak through the birth and make a complaint against the midwife. Have you ever considered a home birth? The one thing that appeals to me about it is having 2 midwives with me through most of it. You couldn't get that one on one care in a hospital!

There really are many positive vbac stories so hopefully more people will comment for you :) if you wanted more reassurance babyandbump.com has a natural birth section and there are lots of lovely vbac stories and advice on there. I think there may even be a vbac section there as well!

Well hopefully you'll get a nice small baby :) although my LO was only 6lb 12oz and still managed to get into a weird position!

Im not pregnant yet. I want to wait as long as i can to give my scar the.best chance of healing. I went to a consultant to speak through the birth and make a complaint against the midwife. Have you ever considered a home birth? The one thing that appeals to me about it is having 2 midwives with me through most of it. You couldn't get that one on one care in a hospital!

There really are many positive vbac stories so hopefully more people will comment for you :) if you wanted more reassurance babyandbump.com has a natural birth section and there are lots of lovely vbac stories and advice on there. I think there may even be a vbac section there as well!

Thanks so much hun!! That's really helpful! I'm not sure about a home birth.... I like the idea but it just worries me that if something went wrong again then I won't be near theatre where they can just operate ASAP. I will definitely look on baby bump website too!! Thanks xxx

hey hun

i had a really succesful VBAC 2nd time around, and i had a baby last fri and was induced and that was also succesful as they say being induced after a c-section carries a higher risk of urterine rupture so i have had 2 succesful VBAC's so far fingers crossed you too will have a succesful VBAC :) xxxxxxx

hey hun

i had a really succesful VBAC 2nd time around, and i had a baby last fri and was induced and that was also succesful as they say being induced after a c-section carries a higher risk of urterine rupture so i have had 2 succesful VBAC's so far fingers crossed you too will have a succesful VBAC :) xxxxxxx

Ah congratulations Hun!! That's really good to hear. I would love to be able to deliver naturally!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back