Babby carrier or sling

tinytoes

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good baby carrier or sling to me ? Aoibheann wants to be out walking and not in the stroller a lot and its tough when I need to push Lily . So I need one suitable from birth and easy for long walks xxx

For walking I used a Baby Bjorn which was a baby carrier so the baby faced me on my chest when tiny, then faced out when he was older.

Then I had a babasling which I used when he was first born around the house, I carried him most of the time, he was a crier. The babasling was ok but think there are better, it has a ring that you fasten it with but I think the massive wrap around your body ones are better as you can adjust them to you and they are a bit stretchy

xxxx

Cannot recommend the Moby Wrap enough. Its brilliant and holds its value when you sell it on. The midwife first recommended it to me and I cant than kher enough. You cant feel any weight from your LO and theyre so snug there its perfect for cold days but just as fine on warmer ones. Easy to put on and you can get it in loads of colours :)

I think I'l have a look for a moby so . Are they tricky to use ?

I had seen a few people saying they were tricky but I found it so easy. You wrap it round your waist, then over your shoulders and then tie it back around your waist (it comes with a manual with pictures so its uber easy to follow) and then tie it up. You put your LO in after thats all done so its just a case of slot them in!

When you first get it though youll be a bit flumuxed by the amount of fabric and think to yourself 'how is all this going to go round me?!' but honestly, just practice a couple of times and you're golden :)

Brilliant thanks :) one other dumb question but how do the work in winter ? I mean is it ok to put a big all in one coat on baby before they go in they wrap ?

If you get a Moby the baby will have about 3 layers of the wrap over it (which is quite thick material) and your body heat so, if it was my LO, Id put a long sleeve vest, socks, scratch mittens and a sleepsuit. Then if you want you can put a light cardigan over that as well. Oh and a hat if their heads aren't tucked in. Youll more than likely be wearing a coat over the top as well (when it was all snowy last year I borrowed a mans fleece so it would go over both of us.

Youll being to see the layers they need as you get used to it, but it honestly provides a huge amount of heat in them.

Thank you so much for the help :) I'm looking at some instruction videos on youtube and they look great . I reckon its the one for me xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back