BFP after miscarriage

DaisyRose

Reaction score
Really didn't feel pregnant 4 or 5 days ago but on 12 dpo started having a lot of aching on sides; tightness and slight aversions to cleaning products (always had aversions to cleaning products in my pregnancies, and coffee). Anyway, my body has been playing tricks on me for the last few cycles following my m/c so at first didn't take them seriously but tested today (didn't wait until Mon afterall) and got a positive!! :D

Now the fear that I would never fall preg again has been replaced by the fear of another m/c!!! :? Am going to be checking for blood every 5 mins, know I am!! I'm thinking the symptoms are a bit stronger this time but maybe I'm wrong!!!

I guess if it's going to happen it's going to happen, and that will probably already be determined so all I can do is wait and try not to get stressed!!!

Think I'll do another test tomorrow or Tues just to make sure!!!

Anyone else in a similar situation???

ahh congratulations hun i am so pleased for you :hug: :cheer: :hug:

i am hoping i am in the same boat, i am still waiting for AF to come and these last few days i have had sore boobies, nausea and tiredness the problem i have is that i was still getting faint positives last week presumably from the miscarriage even though my hormone levels were only at 60 3 weeks ago? and am getting the same faint positives this week so will just have to keep testing to see if the lines get stronger

I know when i do get pregnant (if not already) I will be checking for blood every time i go to the loo! I think i am going to get a private 8 week scan next time as well for that extra reassurance

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx

Hi nw1,

Thanks, and all the best of luck to you over the next few days too.

I never thought to test after my m/c but my symptoms disappeared almost immediately so I doubt I would have had positive results for very long.

A private early scan sounds like a really good idea - haven't a clue how much they cost though. I don't know when the routine scans are now (had loads with my first baby as we were doing the SWS; but only had 1 at 20 wks with my 2nd which I thought wasn't early enough).

Hope you'll be joining me.

Hiya some hospitals do 12 week and then 20 week scan, others just the 20 week,

I had a private scan at 6.5 weeks when i was miscarrying and it cost £80

That's great news! Congratulations! :dance: :cheer: :hug:

I know exactly how you feel, I'm just taking it one day at a time, but at the same time, trying to stay positive. Early scans are a good idea I think, I even had one last week, ridiculous I know, as I was only 4.5 weeks, and there was a tiny dark blob on the screen, but that's my doctor for you (they have scanning machines in their consulting rooms over here). A scan at 7 or 8 weeks will probably be more useful for you.

Hope it all goes well, we can hold each other's hands - still haven't joined 1st Tri!

Congratulations again x

Hi NW1

£80 doesn't sound too bad, it's pretty bad that you had to pay for one when you were miscarrying though!!! I did get one eventually - 5 days after I started miscarrying which probably was a bit pointless, don't know, but I knew what they were going to say..... :shakehead:

Any news yet?

Hi Miffy,

Great to hear you're doing ok :D Don't blame you for having an early scan, especially if the docs have the machines right there (have to wait ages here!!)

I'm very nervous about joining the first tri or getting my hopes up too much too. I think I'll wait for a few weeks and if I get past the stage when I miscarried last time I'll be a bit happier (although I know things can go wrong at any time really).

Just noticed that your little boy is in the same age group as my Rosie (she was born on Boxing Day 2004!!!)

Congratulations! Hope it all goes fantastically well for you. I think it's really normal to be worrying at this point. We're about to start TTC and I kind of don't really want to know for as long as possible as I just know that the first 13 weeks are going to be tricky after last time. We're all here to support you though :hug: :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
again!
+++

Still in limbo really, i had really faint lines last weekend and then didnt test again for a week and getting faint lines now so could either be still from the last pregnancy or a new one starting

I am hoping it is the latter as if you saw how faint the lines were last weekend you would think there was no way they are still showing a week later

I shall just have to be patient and test again over the weekend, my last pregnancy started off with really faint lines as well so could be either way still

Thanks for asking xx

nw1 said:
Still in limbo really, i had really faint lines last weekend and then didnt test again for a week and getting faint lines now so could either be still from the last pregnancy or a new one starting

I am hoping it is the latter as if you saw how faint the lines were last weekend you would think there was no way they are still showing a week later

I shall just have to be patient and test again over the weekend, my last pregnancy started off with really faint lines as well so could be either way still

Thanks for asking xx

wow NW1- hope it's good news :hug: :hug:
+++

Ahh thanks hun trying not to get my hopes up as AF could be just around the corner to its been long enough!

Got lots of Clear discharge too (sorry if TMI) and my cervix is really high is that a good sign?

Thanks Rosebay & Emma, it's great that you ladies are here to talk to; we can all support each other. I don't know anyone around me who has been through the same thing (maybe I do, and they just don't talk about it, I don't know) and although they do try, I don't get the impression they really fully understand.

I'm not intending to go public until I reach at least 12 weeks - it's just that it is so hard having to tell everyone if it goes wrong (I guess that can happen anytime but poeple started to notice when I reached 12 weeks with the 2nd!!)

:cheer: All the best of luck to you too - I really hope we all get there in the end. :pray:

NW1, hope you get a resolution soon, and hope it is a pos :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back