Bleeding after birth......?

claire2711

Reaction score
Hey girls! 8)

Well wee man is a week old now, and I was just wondering how long did you bleed after? I had a natural birth, cut twice and he was ventoused out. I've got dissolvable stitches in, and the pain is a lot better.

Sorry for the not so nice question just after an idea of when roughly bleeding should stop? xx

Depends. Some go on for weeks, others far less.

FWIW I was told if you breastfeed it tends to stop more quickly as it causes things to contract and clamp down more. Also if you deliver the placenta naturally is means heavier bleeding for a couple of days then it lessens more dramatically than if you have a jab to deliver the placenta.

Hey chick,

I'm just going to move this to Babies and Toddlers: Health Issues (please post in Parenting sections after you've popped!).

Anyhoo! I bled for about 3 weeks on and off but only the first 2 weeks were very heavy. I had a tear.

Valentine Xxx

I was about 3 weeks too. Congratulations at getting through your 1st week - hope all is well and you're not too exhausted! Big hug to you and LO :hug: :hug:

Mine was about 3 weeks too, and I had a 2nd degree tear with quite a few stitches. Only the first week or so was really heavy though then it trailed off into like the end of a period :hug:

i bled for about 6 weeks, i think everyone is different

I bled for 5 weeks before it completely stopped. Then i stopped bleeding and got my period after another 3 weeks.

I've only just stopped fully, though i think i had a mini period last week so between 4 and 5 weeks.

I had the injection (not outta choice, stupid thing made me sick :puke: ) and no tears or stitches yet i bleed for a long time. It can get you down a bit, i've not worn pretty panties for 5 weeks now (plus i was too big when pregnant for them) and it's not nice!!

thanks loz! yep we are doing well so far! LO is a bundle of joy.

abcd1234...i miss pretty panties too :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back