Brown discharge at 6 weeks +1

Sjf0709

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ll be honest I’m freaking out a bit right now. I’ve had 2 MCs in 2018 then a successful pregnancy in 2019. I’m 6wks+1 today. I woke up in the night with my daughter and then when I was in bed I felt a slight twinge on my left side. I know this can be normal in early pregnancy with things growing and accommodating so thought nothing of this. When I went to the toilet this morning and I wiped there was brown discharge. It was only slightly tinged and not dark. I immediately panicked. I then wiped again and it was there again. I did ‘look’ for any more and found (sorry for tmi) a bit of brown stringy discharge.

The last 2 times I’ve had a MC it’s been bright red when I wiped in a morning. Nothing like this… but I can’t help but fear the worst.

I’ve phoned EPU and they said they’ll only scan me after 7wks. They said if the brown discharge continues then to take a pregnancy test in a few days time and if still positive to give them a ring and get a scan booked in.

I’ve looked locally and I can get a private scan done but most say from 7 weeks so I don’t know if 6 weeks is just too early. I had an EPU scan during my last pregnancy for reassurance but I was 6wks+5 then and it was transvaginal whereas all of the private scans are just abdominal ones.

if you’ve got this far reading then thank you. Just looking for any reassurance or otherwise about brown discharge in early pregnancy.

thanks

Ps I’ve been to the loo loads this morning wiping and checking and I don’t seem to have anymore brown discharge.

Your epau are crap they would scan you from your positive test at mine. Can you go tona different epau for peace of mind? It does sound like implantation spotting as brown blood is old blood and I still get twinges in my left side but that's where babba is and my other 2 favoured that side too. Totally get you worrying tho I'd be same just got to think if there's no rwd or clots it's good hun xx

Thanks @holli

I’ve phoned the local private clinic up and they said they’ll scan me from 6 weeks so I’m booked in this afternoon at 2.30pm. I was going to leave it and see what happens as my pregnancy test is still very strongly positive and I’ve had no further discharge but my husband is at work (I phoned in sick as I didn’t think I’d be able to concentrate) and he can’t work through worrying bless him.

thanks for the message I appreciate it x

Oh I'm so pleased you got in...please keep us updated my lovely xx

Hi,

I’ll be honest I’m freaking out a bit right now. I’ve had 2 MCs in 2018 then a successful pregnancy in 2019. I’m 6wks+1 today. I woke up in the night with my daughter and then when I was in bed I felt a slight twinge on my left side. I know this can be normal in early pregnancy with things growing and accommodating so thought nothing of this. When I went to the toilet this morning and I wiped there was brown discharge. It was only slightly tinged and not dark. I immediately panicked. I then wiped again and it was there again. I did ‘look’ for any more and found (sorry for tmi) a bit of brown stringy discharge.

The last 2 times I’ve had a MC it’s been bright red when I wiped in a morning. Nothing like this… but I can’t help but fear the worst.

I’ve phoned EPU and they said they’ll only scan me after 7wks. They said if the brown discharge continues then to take a pregnancy test in a few days time and if still positive to give them a ring and get a scan booked in.

I’ve looked locally and I can get a private scan done but most say from 7 weeks so I don’t know if 6 weeks is just too early. I had an EPU scan during my last pregnancy for reassurance but I was 6wks+5 then and it was transvaginal whereas all of the private scans are just abdominal ones.

if you’ve got this far reading then thank you. Just looking for any reassurance or otherwise about brown discharge in early pregnancy.

thanks

Ps I’ve been to the loo loads this morning wiping and checking and I don’t seem to have anymore brown discharge.

Keep us updated!!! I do hope all is ok!!!

I see you'll be having your scan now Sarah and I'm sure you'll be reassured! I've had early brown spotting in all of my pregnancies and even slight bleeding at around the time I'd be due my first few missed periods! This pregnancy hubby and I got carried away at about 7 weeks I think it was and I had a significant amount of very dark stringy discharge afterwards and even some clots but have since had a scan and everything is fine! I think as long as it's not red blood and not accompanied by cramps it's nothing to worry about, which I'm sure you will have realised by now following your scan :hug: xx

I just keep coming back to check like a mad woman lol. Willow has dance after school Club today so I don't need to leave till 410 xx

Hi ladies, aw thanks so much for your reassurance. We had the scan. Saw the gestational sac but nothing inside :sad: the sonographer said it might just be too soon to see or with the brown discharge, I could be miscarrying. She said it could be that I’m just not as far gone as I thought I was. I know I started doing ovulation tests on 19th Dec for the next few days and they were all negative so I am convinced we conceived around 17/18 as we DTD then.

I was hoping the scan would reassure us but I just feel as confused and unsure as before. It looked like the sac was in the right place at least so not in my tubes as I was worried I was having an ectopic or something. I’ll just have to wait and see now if I get any more brown discharge and I’ll keep taking pregnancy tests then phone EPU next week to see if I can get a scan at 7 weeks (I’ll maybe request a transvaginal as I had abdominal today). We are then booked in with the private clinic on 3rd Feb for another scan (free) as they couldn’t show us much today.

I feel so deflated.

I see you'll be having your scan now Sarah and I'm sure you'll be reassured! I've had early brown spotting in all of my pregnancies and even slight bleeding at around the time I'd be due my first few missed periods! This pregnancy hubby and I got carried away at about 7 weeks I think it was and I had a significant amount of very dark stringy discharge afterwards and even some clots but have since had a scan and everything is fine! I think as long as it's not red blood and not accompanied by cramps it's nothing to worry about, which I'm sure you will have realised by now following your scan :hug: xx

This is reassuring to read thanks. I had some light brown discharge this morning and when I tried to see what else there was I found some dark stringy discharge but only a bit. That was at 7.30 and I’ve not had any since.

Don't be too disheartened, they change sooo much at this stage next time you go it will be a big difference. I personally don't think it's bad as you haven't got pain or bleeding. Maybe you just did catch later or your body needs time to catch up, they don't like you having scans before 7 weeks as they don't usually have a heart beat till then. You could do wirh your bloods taken and then again in 2 days so you can see them doubling and that should ease you would your doctors do that for you? Xx

Don't be too disheartened, they change sooo much at this stage next time you go it will be a big difference. I personally don't think it's bad as you haven't got pain or bleeding. Maybe you just did catch later or your body needs time to catch up, they don't like you having scans before 7 weeks as they don't usually have a heart beat till then. You could do wirh your bloods taken and then again in 2 days so you can see them doubling and that should ease you would your doctors do that for you? Xx
I’d forgotten about the blood tests they can do. Problem is that it’s a Thursday and so earliest I’d get a blood test is Friday then I’d have to wait until Monday for the next blood test anyway so not sure it would work?

I really hope it’s nothing to worry about but I can’t help but worry. I’m meant to be going away for the weekend with my best friends to a spa. I already knew I couldn’t do the spa bit because I’m pregnant but I was looking to just being away with them. I do still want to go but with this and my dad still being in hospital I’m not sure I’ll be the best company. X

Get your self off it might be a good distraction for you. I'd still do bloods if you can and then after weekend they should be way higher they just like it at least every 2 days as takes 2 days to double xx

I would do betas for sure. Those gave me the most information, this pregnancy and with my loss. It’s the best possible thing you can do I think. And definitely go away on your trip <3

Fx so hard for you.

Yes, I'd definitely go away and try and relax and distract yourself! I honestly don't think it's anything to worry about, it's so hard to see anything on an ultrasound at this stage, we had a transvaginal at 7+5 and still didn't see much! And I definitely agree with trying to get your bloods done for reassurance, your epu should do that at least!? Xx

Thanks ladies. I’ve had the smallest amount of browned tinged discharge (less than the size of a 5p) since 3pm. Hubby said he isn’t holding out much hope but I’m trying to be positive.

My dad is in the hospital where I want to have the baby if all is ok so I might phone them again and say I’m going anyway and can I not just have some bloods done.

Hopefully they will do it for you it will ease your mind. I get your hubby feeling that way bless him. I still think its implantation. Purely cos your not bleeding its not red there's hardly anything there there's no clots and your not in pain. Hope your dad's doing OK too xx

Thank you Sarah. I thought implantation would be earlier than this though? I really hope it is going to be ok.

Awww I’m so sorry. It’s so stressful. Definitely get the beta done. That way you can see the increase on Monday and not have to wait until Wednesday. Keep us posted m. <3

Awww I’m so sorry. It’s so stressful. Definitely get the beta done. That way you can see the increase on Monday and not have to wait until Wednesday. Keep us posted m. <3
Thanks. I’ll phone EPU tomorrow and see if they’ll do it

I've heard you can get it quite late. Look at my scan I was 7 weeks and she told me I had implantation bleeding inside me. Brown blood is old blood so thats a good sign I think xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back