Clearblue digital - I won't be using that again!

I have to say I thought that mine would have been showing more than what it did on the first test. I remember looking at the instructions and thinking it was strange. It's hard, cos if you're gonna have a sticky it doesn't matter what the tests say. How did our mums cope when you had to go for a blood test to confirm pregnancy and then wait a week for the results? :shock: xx

Maybe as long as it goes up you're ok but if it stays 1-2 it could be a sign? Either way, I wouldn't want to know - ignorance is bliss! xx

Hi Cosmic,

So sorry hun that sounds awful :(
They are supposed to work on the amount of hormones you have so if you have the level of a 1-2 week old embryo you should be 1-2 weeks but if you were 6 this would probably indicate that the development stopped at 2 weeks I guess? & your body just didnt show the miscarriage until a few weeks later which can happen.
I did a CB & got 2-3 then 3+
I assume it wouldnt indicate a problem until after the development had stopped so if you did one at 6 weeks & it said 3+ all would be ok but if then at 8 weeks you did one & it had dropped to 1-2 or 2-3 then that would be an indicator that your hormone levels were falling.
I know this is what they do in hospital with suspected miscarriages they test the hormone levels & if they fall it means miscarriage is likely as the baby has stopped developing.

x

I used cb digi this time and i got a bfp on it first! even before frer and all other test brands.
At 9dpo it showed 1-2 weeks,10 days later it showed 2-3 weeks and at 5wks + 3 days it showed 3+ so for me it was by far the best test i have ever used. No squinting,no imagining lines ..

The digi ones are great for accuracy, but sadly sometimes not in the right way. Perhaps if you hadn't done another CBD you might not have known for a little while that something had gone wrong?

That said, if you were peeing on regular FR or cheapy tests you may have been trying to determine what the lines meant if they weren't getting darker...with the CBD, because you knew where you were in the pregnancy, it was an immediate indication that something wasn't right. I can see totally why you would be cautious next time, and I hope that next time is here for you very soon :hugs:

So sorry about your MC Cosmicgirl, it's so sad. x

Last edited:
It's a case of, is ignorance bliss? Or would you rather know and prepare yourself?? Down to the individual really I suppose

Thanks girls. Everyone has had really different experiences with them. Next time I will just get the one that says pregnant or not xxx

Same thing happened to me hun i hate clear blue digis now! I never used one this pregnancy x

i used a cb digi.. mine also said 1-2 weeks and my pregnancys going well so far (fingers crossed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back