driving tests :oD

leckershell

Reaction score
I heard that the first-time pass rate for a car driving test is 1 in 3.

So...

How many times did you fail your driving test, did you pass eventually, and what did you fail on?

I'm booking mine in a couple weeks and my instructor has a 6 in 10 first-time pass rate, so :pray: I pass first time.. :D

I passed 2nd time. 1st test was awful i was shaking that much i couldn't concentrate.

My friends OH is an examiner ( the one who decides on your pass or fail) and he says that they only alllow a certain amount of people to pass per day, they have a criteria to stick to..... I think thats so unfair. They tend to fail the ones who act cocky and turn up with their caps on back to front....

Anyway the best of luck for your test, i'm sure you'll pass.

I passed first time with only 4 minor's :dance: , OH passed 3rd time. The first time he failed because he pulled up behind some parked cars as he thought they were waiting for traffic lights and the 2nd time he failed because he got 20 minor faults.

I passed 3rd time. I failed the first two time because i was so nervous, I had shaky legs the lot!!

When I passed I was in my own car and the examiner was great he was a really good laugh and chatted to me about DS and all sorts though out the test. Before i knew it the test was finished and he told me I had passed :dance:

I later on found out he was the chief examiner! If I had known that beforehand I would have definitely have failed again.

I failed first time, can't remember exactly what for :think: Think it was cos I was asked to pull over to the side of the road but then when I carried on I left the indicator on :doh:

It also didn't help that a man walked out in front of me as I pulled out of the test centre, stupid bloke... I'm sure he did it on purpose :roll:

So anyway, I passed 2nd time :)

God knows how but i passed first time!!!

Im sure she felt sorry for me... I was heaving all the way round the test ("morning" sickness ;) )... asked at te beginning if id fail if we had to stop for me to throw up lol

I failed my first, never stopped at a stop sign - was behind another sign and i never saw it, though i did slow right down to pull out, jus never "stopped" :roll: had no minors though, passed 2nd time with no minors aswell

at least these are normal things :)

i heard last night a girl was asked to do turn in the road in a one way street and because she started to do it she failed for not pointing out it wasn't a safe or legal place to do it. harsh...

the stop line one is quite common i think..

only asking because i can have a spotless lesson and then go and do something stupid that i know how to do properly, but its accident-causingly-bad. usually not noticing cars on roundabouts. but its nothing regular and happens at complete random so we have no idea how to fix it...

:wall:

keep 'em coming :D

ps mid, was james the examiner and thats how you passed ;) :rotfl:

Had 12 lessons and passed first time.

I got to the test centre in a bad mood so wasn't nervous or worried. I just got on with it and drove. It was fine.

I passed 2nd time. I failed first time on a roundabout, they were where I used to panic and forget what to do! Now i'm a pro at them :fib: .....Lol well I do find them easier.

passed second time....
1st time i had 5 minors but i mounted the curb (oops lol), when i was reversing round a corner, a car decided to pull out after i had done all my observations without indicating so he braked me, and i had a dodgy right turn that looked like the road went straight on so i went ovver the lines lol.
2nd test i had 12 minors i think.

OH passed first time with 3 minors and his sister passed first time with 5 minors! wish i has there insturctor!

GOOD LUCK SHELL!!!

I passed 2nd time. The first i got 4 majors :oops: - I think because as I was on the slip road for the dual carriageway, I looked in the mirror and let the car drift a little to the left. Also I don't think I left much room when I pulled out at a roundabout. I was so nervous!
Second time I passed with 9 minors I think - although the examiner was notorious for being moody and mumbling all the time, so when he said to 'pull out of the car park' I thought he said to 'bay park' and he asked me what I was doing when I stopped and put the car into reverse :oops:

I had my instructor in the car with me second time round which really helped me be less nervous.

I passed 1st time 8)

I'm not too sure I would if I had to ever sit it again though, it seems a lot harder now.

I passed third time!
First time i failed cos i didnt move from the inside of roundabout to the outside lane far enough and a car tried to go up me and examiner grabbed wheel (prob more chance of us crashing when someone scares the shit outta you like that) PLUS it was totally not fair as i use that roundabout every fucking day to go see OH and NOONE moves lanes, they all stay stuck to the outside lane to come off
Second time was bullshit excuses ( i think it was one of those oh i cant pass many people so i'll fail her on anything examiners) apparently i stopped too quickly at a roundabout and someone was up my ass (if he hit me would have been his fault anyway) AND he said i drove too slowely ( again bullshit as i drive WAY too fast most of time)
Third time i only got 3 minors and a different examiner who was lovely to me, even let me pull over to remove the bee from my hair!!

elaine22 said:
I had my instructor in the car with me second time round which really helped me be less nervous.

See I've been wondering that... whether it would make me feel less nervous or whether I'd feel worse having 2 people watching me.

i decided against having my instructor with me, we got on SO well i felt that if i made any mistakes i'd be letting him down and he'd know so i wanted to be able to tell him my mistakes after. I have heard though that it helps some people, it all depends on you and what makes you feel more comfotable

Hey leckershell

I'm so glad you have posted this thread as I am learning to drive at themoment too with a hope to pass before my baby arrives in June. Have only had three lessons so far but going well. Theory is March 4th then I was hoping to get a test for about May 10th.

Have you booked your test yet (sorry if you have already said) I was going to try to get a saturday morning at 08.30 slot as this is when the least traffic is. I bet that doesn't work out and I get a Monday rush hour.

Anyway just wanted to say good luck and let us know how you get on.

Becs xx

If you want an early slot for may you might want to look in to booking it very soon! not sure what waitng lists will be like in your area but i had to wait 2months for one of mine and at that point you dont have a choice you take the time thats available. good luck

leckershell said:
elaine22 said:

See I've been wondering that... whether it would make me feel less nervous or whether I'd feel worse having 2 people watching me.

I found it good cos it felt like there was someone to support me I think. The first time round I felt so nervous because it was just me and a total stranger. The only bad thing was that my instructor was a big bloke and I'd forgotten to account for him sitting in the back when doing my hill start lol.

elaine22 - lmao at the hill start :rotfl:

becs - i did my theory in december, and am doing a mock test next week and then booking a test which will be in about 5 or 6 weeks time apparently, that's the current waiting time round here. my instructor does marks out of 5 for things, with a 4 or 5 being test standard. i'm up to 4's on left reverse, turn in the road and general driving, and just need to perfect parellel parking, bay parking, and emergency stop which are all at 3's. so there's your 5 maneuveurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back