Growth chart. *updatedv

Em91

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Had my 34 week midwife appointment today, midwife I normally see was on holiday so it was a different one, baby is head down again and HB etc was all fine but when she did the fundal height measurement it showed that I'd barely grown in 2 weeks. Baby has always been dead on 90th percentile line but according to todays measurement has now dropped below it.

The midwife said it may just be that she measures differently to the normal one which is why Its coming up different so has booked me in to see normal midwife weds when she's back, to decide if I need a growth scan.

trying not to overthink it but I can't help worrying. Just wandering if anyone else has had this? what happened?

Thanks x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Hi hun.

I had to have a growth scan on Wednesday as Bean was measuring too big but when I had the scan all was fine. I was worried to death that there was something wrong.

See your normal midwife when she's back and take things from there. And believe me, I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry, I'm sure everything is just fine.

XX

From what I've heard measuring the fundal height isn't an accurate way of measuring baby, but I can totally understand why ur worried! Just try not to think too much about it until u see ur normal midwife. If the other midwife was truly concerned then she would of sent u for a growth scan anyway. Don't worry xxx

I think it's so different depending on who's doing it. When I was in hospital naturally there were loads of different midwives checking me, and on the same day my bump went from 33 to 28 (I was 32 weeks) which I'm sorry is just ridiculous your bump doesn't do that! Some measure down to the tip of my pubic bone others go quite a bit down and make me feel a bit embarrassed!
You'll feel better after seeing your midwife I'm sure xx

Iv just mentioned this in a different thread!
I had my 35week midwife appt on Wednesday, and I measured 34weeks ( this wasn't my usual midwife)
But 3weeks ago at my 32week appt I measured 33 weeks, by my midwife.
So my baby has only grew 1 week in 3 weeks?!?! I was a bit panicked!
But I spoke to my mum who said not to worry as different people measure different places. And if baby isn't lying the same way as it was last time, like it it was more curled up or stretched out, then this could give a different measurement.
Try and not worry. See your midwife and then if she agrees to a growth scan at least you get to see your lo again xxx

I've not even got a growth chart.. x

What was your measurement Em? I had my 34 week appointment today and I measured at 34. Baby can grow more some weeks than others so I wouldn't worry. x

This is a picture of the chart, Emma so id say am measuring just over 33?

BabyEm whys that? Thought everyone had one?

thanks for all your replies am going to try and just put it out of my mind till Wednesday x

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340457096223.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340457096223.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
This is a picture of the chart, Emma so id say am measuring just over 33?

BabyEm whys that? Thought everyone had one?

thanks for all your replies am going to try and just put it out of my mind till Wednesday x

I don't know. I went to my consultant appointment and she was looking for it but the support worker didn't seem to know... Bit strange.

Yeah Very odd! x

I'm back at the consultant on wednesday so will see if they give me one then! x

Hi Hun, I went to the docs on wed for a 32 week check and he measured me at 29cm when I should 32. He asked if the midwifes were keeping an eye on me as I'm small and at the time they weren't. He told me to go over and see them and they measured me at 29 also so I've got to be scanned. I'm right at the lowest line of th growth chart, nothing like you. I'm a bit worried but they said it may just be I have less amniotic fluid and as they didn't seem in a hurry to scan me I'm trying not to panic!! Baby has a nice strong heartbeat and she moves a lot so I know shes ok. Hope all is ok with you, keep me updated xx

Looks normal to me Em, I was told 34 is normal and you look about the same. x

Yeah Emma the size is fine. but it was because there hadnt been enough growth in 2 weeks xx

Mine hasnt even been filled in on my notes Emma! X

Its odd how some places make more of a big deal out of it than others!

Well appointment with my MW is tomorrow so hopefully will see whats happening!.. work were less than impressed that I'm leaving early when its my last week but tough! Baby comes first@

I heard babys grow at different rates and some weeks they may grow more than others, the main thing is you are measuring right for how far along you are. x

Last edited:
Midwife said shes concerned that bubs hasn't grown enough in the 2 weeks even though hes still a good size, So got to have a growth scan on Friday x

Midwife said shes concerned that bubs hasn't grown enough in the 2 weeks even though hes still a good size, So got to have a growth scan on Friday x

We'll see how it goes then, I wouldn't worry too much. We've got a growth scan on Friday too, so we can update each other. I'm glad they're over, rather than under, cautious anyway, sets my mind at ease dunno about you xx

yeah id rather they were over cautious!
Good luck with your scan to, has bubs been fidgeting more now? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14