Had another growth scan (38 wks)

GBLiz

Reaction score
4 weeks since my last scan when Anjali's little belly was hovvering on the 90th percentile, this was a scan to check it hadnt dropped any lower . The dr checked me over and gave the usual noises of concern at my small bump (even tho it has grown a lot IMO!) then i went to the sonographer and HA!!! imagine their surprise when her belly measurement had not just stayed steady but had actually rocketed to OVER the 50th percentile!!!! Baby's been packing on the size! So now they estimate a perfectly average weight 6-8lbs (no more than 8lbs they said)( although that really must be just a guess because how much can they tell from one bodypart measurement :think: )

the other good bit of news is that she was TOO FAR ENGAGED for them to get a head measurement :dance: :dance: i dont know how engaged that is, but last time they could measure her head fine . I have a normal mw appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll find out then :D

So glad everything is pulling itself together - hopefully not too long and u will have a healthy baby in your arms.

:hug:

Good for Anjali! :cheer:

So pleased everything has righted itself - another nail in the "fundal height" coffin! :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Glad everything went well. Maybe she'll pop out once you've gone home :D

it is good news - but i was quite happy with expecting a 5-6lber !!!, now im worried she will continue her massive growth spurt and follow in the family tradition of 9lber's + !!! :lol:

YAy!!!! Glad your Lo is growing and behaving!!! Not long now!!! :dance:

woohoo, sounds good. Are you excited? I keep getting excited until I realise she's got to come out haha.

Can you tell that she is more engaged? Still don't think mine has budged a bit :wall:

i had a feeling she might have because i'm finding it harder to walk and also her movements feel lower down...but then again i wasnt sure cos i hadnt had any particular pain in cervix area or anything

Thats really good news, again it reassures me as my bump is still very similar to yours if not smaller, cant believe it can you, she must be hiding pretty well.

Good news about head engaging too.

really pleased for you hun as you have been worried or made to unduly worry about little Anjali's growth.....I bet she turns out not so little after all :lol:

I'm so glad everything fine hun. You said that you aren't feeling any pains low down, does little one push down on your bladder? This little monster does and I'm also getting pains at the very tops of my legs now! :roll: :)

yeah i have a lot more pressure low in my bump now and on bladder -even when i dont need to wee it feels like i do! Also the occassional cervix-poke feeling which is exciting :dance: although i see other people have had those weeks earlier :think:

gymbabeliz said:
although i see other people have had those weeks earlier :think:

I know, everytime I get aches etc I think this is it. I lost a little bit of plug last week, but now I'm as dry as a bone! :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back