Heat Rash

happy-chick

Reaction score
I fell asleep the other morning on the leather settee, woke up really sweaty and literally stuck it and ive got a heat/sweat rash all on my legs... it itches like mad and is driving me craaazy!!

Any tips on how to relieve it? I read on the internet to use hydracotisone (sp?) but its not really helped much.. arghhh itchy scratchy!!! :x

aloe vera? preferably the pure gel or straight out of the plant?

keep it clean. dry & cool, do not have the area exposed to sunlight. Depending where it is - wear loose clothing, preferably cotton.
Other than that I feel your pain, I get terrible heat rash on my chest if I sit sweating in the sun :oops:
:hug:

E45 Hydrocortisone is quite good, or I take something like Piriton as an anti-histamine should help :hug:

Emmylou said:
keep it clean. dry & cool, do not have the area exposed to sunlight. Depending where it is - wear loose clothing, preferably cotton.
Other than that I feel your pain, I get terrible heat rash on my chest if I sit sweating in the sun :oops:

E45 Hydrocortisone is quite good, or I take something like Piriton as an anti-histamine should help :hug:

Am I ok to take piriton etc cos im breastfeeding?

Hi sorry cant help with the advice, but just wanted to say congratulaions with ur little girl :hug:

Hiya Jo, am not 100% certain but im sure you would be ok to take Piriton syrup, just ring up the chemist ad they will be able to tell you hun, apart from that can you cool it wiv some ice? am just thinking if its cooler it wont itch as much?

i'd be a bit wary putting Hydrocortisone all over it, as its a steriod cream. camomile lotion will cool it. or like others have said sudocream.

happy_chick said:
Emmylou said:

Am I ok to take piriton etc cos im breastfeeding?

Somewhere in this document there may be the answer...

http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/ ... eeding.pdf

Recognizing Heat Rash

Heat rash looks like a red cluster of pimples or small blisters. It is more likely to occur on the neck and upper chest, in the groin, under the breasts, and in elbow creases.

What to Do

The best treatment for heat rash is to provide a cooler, less humid environment. Keep the affected area dry. Dusting powder may be used to increase comfort,

Prickly heatTreatmentPrickly heat is not a serious condition, and rarely requires any specific treatment. Most rashes will disappear naturally after a few days.

However, if you have prickly heat, there are a number of steps, such as those that are listed below, which may help to ease your symptoms.

Avoid excessive heat and humidity where possible. Try to spend some time in the shade, or try taking a small fan out with you. Being exposed to heat will only make you sweat more, and could make your rash worse.
Wear loose cotton clothing. Avoid wearing synthetic fibres, such as nylon and polyester, because they trap heat more easily than natural fibres.
Keep your skin cool. Taking a cool bath, or shower, will help prevent sweating and will also soothe your skin.
Calamine lotion can be used if your skin feels sore and irritated. It will help cool and soothe your skin. You can buy it at most pharmacies.
Hydrocortisone cream can be used if your rash feels particularly itchy and irritated. You can buy low-strength hydrocortisone cream from your local pharmacy. However, avoid using this cream on your face, and always follow the instructions on the packet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back