How reliable is Predictor Pregnancy Test? Confused!!!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Yesterday I had 2 BFP with Asda Pregnancy Test....tested today with a Predictor test and it gave me a BFN!! BUT just tested again with Asda and had BFP!! :? Do you think it is down to the sensitivity of the test? My AF is due today... I feel pregnant (the same as with my first - aching boobs, bad skin, knackered!!!) I thought Predictor was very reliable because it is the most expensive. I have also heard that you can't have false positives (especially not 2!!)

What do you think??

Julia xxxx

3 x BFPs vs 1 x BFN - I would say you are pregnant! It's much more likely to get a false negative than a false positive!!

I got tested at docs, pregnant, 4 ASDA tests, pregnant, then I went to the pharmacy, BFN?! I most certainly WAS pregnant, it all depends on the hormone levels. If your wee is watered down, the HCG levels are harder to read...

I would book a docs appointment to confirm it and then snuggle back in here til 13 weeks when you'll then move to Tri2! :cheer: xx

Thanks for your post - it has really reassured me! I have heard many people say that it depends on the HCG hormone level. I am not frantic about the whole thing because I have already got a beautiful little girl that keeps me very busy - I know I can conceive!

BUT - I really do think I will go with the BFP results and relax into pregnancy.

Thanks again for your kind words - they mean alot!

Julia xxx

Good! :hug: What are you hoping for this time around? How far gone do you reckon you are? x

I really don't mind what sex I have - a girl would be nice because I have a little girl who would probably love a sister. Saying that, i would like a little boy because I would have one of each sex then!! As long as the baby is happy and healthy I don't mind.

I am exactly a month by my calculations. Did another test not long ago and it said positive - so I take it I am!

Julia xxx

With my little lad I had BFP from a clear blue then I used a Predictor and got a BFN :? Spoke to chemist who told me you get false negatives but never a false positive (unless you were on hormone injections) so another 4 tests later all BFP's I was convinced :lol: But yes the only BFN was predictor and it was WRONG!

Oh gosh don't go by a Predictor test, I personally hate them! - They are not very sensitive tests.

When pregnant with my son I used one at 16 DPO and th second dot was so barely there, it was a hold up to light, squint...ask about 10 people if they saw a second dot...and still be unsure of the result!

I went out and got a FIRST RESPONSE test the same day and got two bold lines.

....So I would say CONGRATULATIONS are in order!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back