I dont know if i could be pregnant?

greenlottie

Reaction score
I have always had irregualr periods, but they started to get more regular about one every 35-38 days, i had unprotected sex at the end of October, and had spotting the next day, but afew days later my doctor not knowing this proscribed me the pill to regulate my periods, now on the pill i have a period at the same time every month, so assumed i could not be pregnant. But i have recently been putting on weight, and would describe my stomach as looking bloated. I dont know if im only getting periods because of the pill, or if i could be pregnant. Any advice would be really appreciated :) thank you xxx

Hey hun! have you tried taking a test? thats the only way to know!

Hope you get the result you want!

I'm not totally sure tbh. I know with some types of pills they can make you bloated. Have you done a test?
X

Thank you both. I took one test, about 5 days after sex, it came out negative, so i assumed that i couldn't be pregnant. But with the tummy situation and tierness all the time i dont know. But like you say it could possibly be the pill x

yes it could be the pill. 5 days after sex is way to early to get a positive hun, if i were you i would try another test just to be sure!

5 days after you had sex is far too early to test - most people will get a reliable result two weeks after conception. I'd take another one now x

Yeah u really need to test now to be sure. Lots of people have to wait for weeks before getting a positive test so you didn't give yourself enough time with five days x

I will try and take one in the next week, do you know if taking the pill can alter results though? and anyone any ideas if its possible to be pregnant and still be having periods (very light) on the pill x

The periods you get on the pill aren't normal periods - just your body's reaction to the changes in hormone levels, so yes it's possible. I'd test as soon as possible x

Oh right i see, i assumed becuase of the negative test and periods i couldn't be, but if the test was taken to early and the periods are only becuase of the pill i guess it could be possible?

Yes it is still possible even with periods especially as "pill periods" aren't real periods. If the test picks up pregnancy hormones then it will come up positive, regardless of the pill. If it's negative have you considered that it could just be a reaction to starting taking the pill? Another brand may be better for you.

Right i see, i think im just putting off a test because of fear of the result. But yes if it is negative i will have to see my doctor and try and change the pill im on. If that the best thing to do x

I honestly cant tell?

Attachments

• IMG000020.jpg
    IMG000020.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG000021.jpg
    IMG000021.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 14
As ladies said, do a test, its not that expensive and will show you the result. If it is negative, go to a doctor, if it is positive, go to a doctor as well :)

First thing is do a test then if bfn go to doctors. Your stomach does look a bit bloated. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back