My section scar is sore....

hipchick5

Reaction score
has anyone had a section before? i had one 4 years ago and this is my first pregnancy since then and when i sneeze or cough or laugh the scar gets sore now.. anyone else get this, is it serious?

hiya :wave:
ive not personally had a c section b4 but one of my close friends (who is also preggers at the mo) had a section with her 1st nearly 4 years ago.
she is due early nxt month and she's talked to me abt her pregnancy as theres only 2 and a half weeks between us.
she said that during the first few months and right at the end as the baby is putting on weight quickly she's felt a slight tugging on the old scar but its been nothing serious just uncomfortable, obviously if yours is really hurting you should be checked over but otherwise its perfectly normal to feel slight discomfort when its strained, but shes not had a problem and has been told she can labour naturally this time if she wants to however she cannot go on longer than 12 hours as it could cause the old scar to rupture.
i hope this has been of some help. good luck for the rest of your pregnancy hun. :hug: :hug: :hug: x x x

if u have any questions pm me and ill ask her and get back to you. x

Hiya,

I had a c/section first time around and it did cause me some discomfort at the end with my 2nd pregnancy (pulling and mild burning kind of sensation). It hasn't been so bad this time because it was 5 and a half years ago now, and I had a natural second time around.

I'd say just keep an eye on it, and if it is more than relatively mild pain perhaps contact your mw or doctor about it. I'm sure it's just stretching pain though.

i had mine 2 and a half years ago am not preg but it still gets sore every now and again :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back