C Section scar when pregnant.

Cherrycola

Reaction score
I had a c section with my DD and my scar healed really well and was barely noticeable even although it was only 17 months ago. I am now 34+3 with my second baby and for the past few days I have been getting some pain in my scar and it is also starting to feel a bit lumpy. Managed to look at it this morning (not easy with the bump!) and it has now turned a really dark purple/red colour. Is this normal? I'm assuming it's just because it is stretching? Anyone else the same? x

It could be because it's stretching but I would double check it with the maternity ward/midwife or gp to allay your fears. Sorry I've never had a c section but you just want to make sure

Defo get it checked out hun.

My scar felt fine throughout my pregnancy, after the initial bump popping out at the start when it felt a bit sore a few times, but then nothing after that.

I later had some pregnancy complications and they told me that my wound would not withstand an induction so I had to have a planned section and on the day of my section a doctor looked at my wound and said mine was also looking how you described yours to be, she didn't say if this was abnormal or not though tbh so it could well be perfectly normal, but I would still get it checked out just to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back