*PRAMS - What's everyone getting?*

we decided we wanted the silver cross freeway, but couldnt affored it :-( then we found one on ebay, in mint condition was a complete deal! so we brought it! :) absolutly love it! though it has been likened to a tank a few times!!!

No idea what I'm getting...... No idea what to look for..... No idea on where to start!!

lol xxx

lol princess peanut :)
best way to get started is to go to a big mothercare or other baby store where they have lots of different prams on display
then have a play with all of them, push them around a bit, fold them down, pull them up, take the car seat on and off etc etc etc
get demos of all the ones you like, and then you can go from there, you will quite quickly cut the list down once you start pricing thigns up and trying them all out x

best way to get started is to go to a big mothercare or other baby store where they have lots of different prams on display
then have a play with all of them, push them around a bit, fold them down, pull them up, take the car seat on and off etc etc etc
get demos of all the ones you like, and then you can go from there, you will quite quickly cut the list down once you start pricing thigns up and trying them all out x

Cheers hun. I'll do just that. However when I go into mothercare or anywhere like that, I feel like a bit of a fraud looking at pushchairs because I haven't got a visible bump yet, I think the staff just look at me funny, which i know they probably don't but I feel like I get looked at as they're saying 'she's not pregnant, why is she looking at prams!' Crazy I know!
I'd love to start looking about, as I'd like to get any idea of what's out there and how much I need to put away to buy the eventual winner but like I said, I feel like a bit of a fraud! :oooo: xxx

I went for the bagaboo cameleon in all black its so light weight and fantastic to push i tried out so many prams in the shops and being a childminder i have seen so many different types i found the bugaboo one of the easy and lightest to push in years plus you can fold it and unfold it with one hand which is great if if you are like me and have weak joints.

We bought the quinny buzz 3 second hand on eBay. We just have to buy the car seat which will be new but saved ALOT of pennies by getting the pram/pushchair set second hand and the carry cot part looks brand new. I had wanted to get the silvercross 3D but thought it would be quite bulky and we are short on space in our flat. I love how the quinny seems to be very lightweight. I can't wait to try it out with baby in it.

Cheers hun. I'll do just that. However when I go into mothercare or anywhere like that, I feel like a bit of a fraud looking at pushchairs because I haven't got a visible bump yet, I think the staff just look at me funny, which i know they probably don't but I feel like I get looked at as they're saying 'she's not pregnant, why is she looking at prams!' Crazy I know!
I'd love to start looking about, as I'd like to get any idea of what's out there and how much I need to put away to buy the eventual winner but like I said, I feel like a bit of a fraud! :oooo: xxx

lol im sure they wont be thinking that :)
we bought our pram at 18 weeks ish and I didnt have a visible bump, but it didnt stop them all wanting to sell me their prams lol

you could narrow your search a bit by looking at some things online to see prices and things before you go, that would at least give you an idea of how many pennies you are looking at for the type of thing you think you want

(although I did that and then spent about £100 more lol - but thats cus I am a sucker for falling for things :D )

oh and mothercare and mamas and papas do like a payment plan so you can spread the cost, which might be worth thinking about if you fall for something thats a bit more money

I have got the obaby zezu in black/red
I love it :) x

Ooh this is what I was going to get. Have u set it up etc? Did u get the car seat too? X

Yes its all set up, I give it a little push everyday :) !! Its great... I didn't buy the carseat as I already have one!

I think I've been swayed to get this definately. For the price as well its a bargain. One question, is it heavy or light? Just that i don't drive (my OH does) and I'll be using it to go into town etc.

Can't wait to get it :)

Yes I will have to use the bus to get around aswell.. It is light to push and I can lift it up my stairs.. The only problem I will have is if I have to collapse the buggy on the bus as you have to take the back wheels off. They come off really easy just could be more difficult to do while holding a baby, but I'm hoping I won't have to collapse it getting on the bus. But it wouldn't stop me buying it for that reason.. I was going to buy a silver cross 3d but it was just to bulky when in the pushchair mode and as I need to get on and off the bus, the zezu was the best as it is still very sturdy but not as bulky and I won't have to buy a smaller stroller for when little man gets bigger. :) x

my sister got me a pram for £35 a 3 in1 travel system and changeing bag they not in them for very long and i cud not spend £300 plus for a pram x if i had the money i wud lol

i know what you mean Abbie
i got my silver cross 3d travel system for £55 of Ebay it was hardly used and the car seat was never used

We're going for a Mothercare MyChoice 4 Travel System. Well in fact ive just bought one second hand! Will have to buy the car seat brand new though... We tried it out in store and thought it was fabulous.
x

Have put a deposit down on the Mamas and Papas Sola in denim with carrycot, car seat and all the accessories. Were going to go for the icandy cherry but it didnt look as comfortable and was more expensive, my mum and dad have offered to pay for it too!Can't wait to get it i am so excited, my other half was'nt even bothered what pram we had and didnt see it until i had out the deposit down!

We're going for a Mothercare MyChoice 4 Travel System. Well in fact ive just bought one second hand! Will have to buy the car seat brand new though... We tried it out in store and thought it was fabulous.
x

We've gone for the My4 too!! :) Tried it in the shop and loved it! Really easy to use!

Iv just bought the mothercare xcursion in denim. It's got £70 off plus a futher 10% off so I paid £257 Inc caraway footmuff and raincover :) iv done it on a baby plan as I don't really want the pram in the house yet due to a crap preg history and silly superstitions :( however it's bought and will arrive on the 1st of aug for our little princess :) xxxxx

Iv just bought the mothercare xcursion in denim. It's got £70 off plus a futher 10% off so I paid £257 Inc caraway footmuff and raincover :) iv done it on a baby plan as I don't really want the pram in the house yet due to a crap preg history and silly superstitions :( however it's bought and will arrive on the 1st of aug for our little princess :) xxxxx

Pretty sure we're going to go for the Teutonia Spirit S3 - need something that will suit a lot of walking with the dogs and this seems to fit the bill.

We have finally decided that we are going with Bugaboo, but Donkey is too expensive and we dont need a pram for two kiddes, so we decided to go with the Chameleon, now need to decide on the colours, but probably we will get in in June.

I seem to be lost in the world of prams and pushchairs.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good pusher-facing pram/pushchair/carseat combo? I've seen the Bugaboo Cameleon but since that seems to cost £750 I was wondering if all of them are so extreme in price or if there are some slightly cheaper alternatives?!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back