Should I be worried?

charlotte87

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post and I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm 25 years old and am currently trying to conceive. I took the pill from 18 years old constantly, aside from my week a month break. I came off my contraception for the first time around five months ago. I experienced a slight distupruption in my cycle to begin with which I have since been told is relatively normal, and it has now regulated itself almost to the day. My partner and I have been having intercourse, a lot (apologies for TMI) ever since, and I am yet to fall pregnant. There have been a couple of times where I've 'felt' pregnant, but after negative tests it is clearly only my mind convincing my body it is, when it isn't! I'm beginning to panic, would anyone be able to tell me, am I worring to early? Is this unusal? I understand it can often take up to a year to conceive but at 25 years old I don't drink, I don't smoke and live a fairly healthy lifestyle, so maybe naievely, did not expect to struggle. I am trying not to rush my body, but many friends around me haven't, and are not experiencing the same amount of difficulty I am. It could be said I have been under some stress the last month or two so I'm unaware of to what extent this could also affect our conception efforts. If anyone has experienced any similar problems, or has any knowledge or advice they could pass on, either to put my mind at rest or otherwise, all wise words would be appreciated. Thanks guys, love Charlotte x

Hey Charlotte,

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm also an 87 baby, 25 this year!

They say that if your younger it should be easier , but judging on my group of friends some of us fell straight away others took a year or so. It's not really useful advice, just trying to reassure you that everyone's body is different.

You are young and healthy and have lots of time ahead of you.

I guess stress can affect things, has the commitment to ttc put pressure on you? Xxx

I was quite similar to you when trying for our first baby. It took us 5 months of trying after being on birth control for 17 years.

Have you tried OPKs so you can see at what point of the month you are ovulating? I find these extremely helpful and they definitely contributed to me falling pregnant first time round.

The month I fell pregnant with my son, I used OPKs, EPO for half of the month and Flax seed for the second half and it worked for me. The EPO increased my EWCM and I also ovulated 2 days earlier giving me a longer luteal phase. I'm pretty sure I'm out this month but I'm going to try all these things again for next month to maximise our chances.

Also, I use an iPhone app called PinkPad where you can log all your symptoms/feelings/fertility and it's a good way to look at what's happening to you at each point in your cycle.

You can also do things like checking your cervix position but I think you need to know exactly what you're doing there for that to be of any benefit.

Lots of luck! xoxo

Sweetie,

Don't be too hard on yourself - statistically a healthy couple still only have 20-25% chance of conceiving on any given month....

You need to be patient and accept that one day it will happen

Lots of baby dust

xxxxxxxxx

Sweetie,

Don't be too hard on yourself - statistically a healthy couple still only have 20-25% chance of conceiving on any given month....

You need to be patient and accept that one day it will happen

Lots of baby dust

xxxxxxxxx

Wow I never knew that! X

I know - it's scary isn't it??

It's actually not as easy to just 'get pregnant' (even though so many people seem to do with with ease every single day!)

xxxxxxxxx

It is makes me worried trying for the next one x

Charlotte I forgot to ask have you been to your dr? Or do they make you try for a certain amount of time? X

dont worry hun i am 27 and been ttc for 3 years everyone is differnet maybe start trying to test when you ovulate make sure you are bedding at the right time, also too much sex thins out the sperm so maybe try the SMEP plan where you bed at intervals

I can let you know in....9 days if the smep plan works :lol:
It took us 9-10 months to conceive when I was 18 and one month when I was 21 yet we're on 2 month 8 now that Im 23. Everyone is different and individual but good luck :)

Sent from my GT-I9100

I just copied this -
"Try" every other night starting Day 8
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
Skip one night, then do one last "try"
Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
Statistics coming in from women who write me show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

Sent from my GT-I9100

sorry laides i should have explained lol !

Simone is spot on though

After being on the pill since I was 16 (now 26) I stopped taking it two years ago. We've been not trying not preventing since then. I really thought we'd have got pregnant in those two years but nope, nothing. We're now trying properly.

Good luck!

Wow, thanks ladies you're all brilliant! There's loads of adviceand reassurance. In answer to a couple of points, the recent stress I have been under has been completely unrelated to TTC. The only pressure I may be experiencing there would be from myself in my so far inability to do so! Also, I haven't yet been to the doctors, I was unsure whether it was too soon to worry and figured they'd send me away and tell me to come back after 6 months.. Perhaps a bit of avoidance there too! I see some of you guys have had the same problem, and I do understand everyone is different, I wouldn't like to sound ungrateful after others have spent years trying but I suppose its natural to worry. I'll definitely be following some of the advice and tips regards ovulation, bedding patterns and optimising our chances, there's always that niggle in the back of your mind till it actually happens I imaginexxx

I think depending on where you are in the country, a doctor won't take any notice unless you have been active trying for a year.

I have some friends who live in England (I'm in Scotland) and one had to wait 18 months, the other 2 years. It really is a lottery :?

i am not a priority for help as i am under 30 pffft

Hi, welcome! I'm 32, non smoker, occasional glass of red, healthy lifestyle and been ttc for nearly a year. I guess everyone is different! Good luck to u!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back