SOOOOOO glad scans are over!! yipeee!!!

ceris

Reaction score
well, we went for first scan this morning. appointment was at 11.15. didnt get seen until 12.30!! so i was not a happy bunny as i obviously had a full bladder all that time!!
when i lay down, the nurse started to go over my belly, then moved the screen so i could not see... i swear my heart sank (automatically think the worst)
then she spun it around and showed us our not so little any more peanut!!
Jumping around, Kicking, waving... it was AMAZING!!!
little heart was going like the clappers and peanut did not stay still for a second!! i burst into tears!
She printed out 3 pictures, and we were in there for over half an hour! she kept moving the probe around to show us peanuts feet, hands, nose spine... i could not stop crying!

then, due to that appointment being so late, we had to rush to the next scan, the nuchal one in manchester. All the way there i am drinking orange juice to fill my bladder back up!

When we got to Spire, we went pretty much straight in, the doctor was lovely.
When he did the scan, he had to push really hard on my belly as peanut decided they were resting, and would move so he could get a clear shot of the spine and neck!
After 15 mins of him pushing and jiggling, peanut sat up with arms stretched out (like driving a car!!) and doc managed to get some measurements!
He then printed off a pic for us.. and we waited for the results to come through.
All the results were fine, 1 in a half a million chance of peanut being downs syndrome etc... so all in all a day i wont forget... i have not stopped crying all day!!! (happy tears of relief!)

I am in so much pain across my tummy, and have been worried about it, but midwife and scans today have really put my mind at rest... they said that some women experience really bad stretching pains, and i mus be one of those... the scars on my tummy will not be helping though!!

i will post pics up as soon as i find the lead to my phone!!

thanks for all the support and fingers crossed and best wishes today... i really appreciate it all! you ladies are fabulous!!

xxx

Aw that is amazing hunni. So glad everything went well :).

Xx

So happy to hear the scans went so well hun xx :yay:

I'm so pleased for you hun.xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111