Tentatively happy post scan today

Annie050408

Reaction score
I say tentatively because this doesn't mean everything is 100% fine but I've just got back from the hospital after a full scan and bub is now measuring approx 4lbs5oz compared to just 3lbs4oz 11 days ago :)

All her measurements are still small BUT she is now within the 'normal' scale on every measurement except for her head but that is only just outside. Overall she is measuring within the 10th percentile apparently?

I am feeling so much better and hoping she continues at this rate because although she will definitely be a small baby she is definitely catching up. I have another scan next Weds so hopefully she'll have put on more weight by then.

I also had an internal scan which confirmed that the placenta is no longer under her head so we should be ok for a natural delivery.

So, as I said, tentatively happy ;)

Last edited:
That's wonderful! I asked my midwife today about growth scans and stuff and she said sometimes babies don't always grow steadily so a baby might not grow for a couple of weeks then have a serious growth spurt! I used your experience as an example-hope you don't mind x

Course I don't mind :)

I think this LO is just doing her own thing regarding this whole growing business, taking her time and doing it when she feels like it lol!

She measured very small at 13 weeks then slightly small at 20 weeks, then quite small at 25 weeks, v small at 32 weeks and now small but mostly within normal range at 34 weeks.

She's just going to be dinky by the look of things :)

When i was pregnant with lacey, they always measured her small and was going to induce me as they were concerned! They never sent me for growth scans though but when i had her she was an average 7lb 7oz and was 56cm long which i think is above average and born 2 days late!! Even if she is born small she'll soon catch up!

Aww that's good. Glad everything's ok. :)

same as me that why i have a scan and the consultant tomorrow little concerned about baby sizes and depending on baby's sizes will decide wheter they induce me or not.

Not really surprised she'll be dinky considering you're only ickle too! x Bless her, a proper lil tinkerbell x

so glad all was well with your little bubs!! and the placenta has moved!!
all the best for back to work tomz try now to work to hard lovely xx

great news annie think i would like a dinky baby ( everything being ok of course) my two werent little for 2 mins. Monty was 8lb 13oz and has always measured as having a little head even when born so Im sure that was fine aswell.

Thats great news hun! xx

My 1st son measured small, i had growth scans too and got my dates put back, then forward, then back etc...He was born 5lb 13oz..tiny! BUT he was a really good eater and was soon on target with his weight and is now a 5ft 10in strapping 14 yr old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back