The dreaded 4 month growth spurt

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
2 weeks early!

Tyler's always had them early, maybe because he was late?

He's acting like a newborn at night. I know I never had an easy time at night but the last couple of days have been horrendous, going 20 mins between feeds at some point!

His bedtime routine is ruined, usually he has a feed at 6.30 and falls asleep. He wakes up 40 mins to the dot later has a 10 or so min feed and is out for a good 2-3 hours. Not anymore!

He went off ok initially but after 45 mins of feeding he got bored and I've had to just leave him awake in his cot so I can eat as i'm starving!

Give me strength!!!

Henry is goin through a growth spurt as well at 7 weeks. He has been feeding nearly the whole day. Don't think it helps that he is teething either :(

Hope u have a better night tonight xxxx

Never mind, you can see this as a great bonding session together. It's one of the things I just love about breastfeeding nowadays, knowing my bodies giving just what LO needs and the best start in life. You'll have caught up on your sleep by the time your 70 :shock::shock:

Oh my gawd!! I thought cam was bad but nothing compared to that. He seems to be having a 2 week spurt lol! He only went 2.5hrs between feeds during the day and slept 10hrs at night instead of 11 or 12 like normal. I'm clearly spoilt, poor you Hun!

I had hell with Drake's 4 month growth spurt, waking up to 20 times in a night! :wall2: It lasted 2 weeks though so there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope it doesn't last long, growth spurts are hell even more so with our needy boys! Eat, drink and rest when you can, fx it will only last a few days. X
Makes you wonder if they go through things early or late depending on when they were born, Kynon is def a few weeks behind but I've noticed he's starting to catch up with the babies the same age.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm slightly better tonight every 2 hours. Hope that was it tbh can't be doing all that again lol.

Hope Tyler sleeps the rest of the light for u, growth spurts r not fun!

Henry was feeding from 8-11 last night and woke at 5, so all in all I'm happy with that. Just hoping this isn't another mammouth feed and he falls back asleep.

I didn't realise that there is a time schedule for when these growth spurts are meant to happen? You could tell me more about that, please? Hope this is it for you for a while, sounds exhausting!

When i went to see the lactation consultant she said 4.5months was issacs next one. A bit late at just before 5months but its hell. He is worse than newborn at least newborn i knew there was at least an hour between wake up calls but now its constant like his days and nights are mixed up. :-( ill be glad when its over x

the boys are hving a mega growth spurt but its more in the day im up down and between them both all day without my usual breaks! think its easing off a bit now x

Good grief! I had no idea this was coming, sounds hellish!

I read this was when mothers mistake the hunger for the need for weaning.

Hey pp how is tyler now? X

Yes exactly'! I KNOW my boy isn't ready for solids yet.

I can't believe I'm writing this, he just went 4 hours. Fluke methinks!

I think mine is over. :) but i have looked at his growth charts and it seems he has been above his normal centile line since 18 weeks he is now 21.5weeks.... is it possible for them to last so long, it has only been the last week or so that was the worst but i do recall jin waking through the night since then, several times. Last night once! I'm so happy! :) lol

Well done tyler keep up the good work for mommy! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back