The "nub theory" predicting sex *update 1st post examples!*

Tasha20

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has read or heard about this, but from what I have read and seen it seems to be quite accurate!

Heres a link to a forum with whole section to it
http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/95.aspx

The basics are that at around the 11/12 week scan at the end of the babies body you can see a little bump.

If you click this link and scroll to the ultra sound images you will see a difference between girl and boy.

http://baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

The girl nub angle is less than 30degrees and for a boy the angle is 30degrees and over.

Not 100% as some scan pics are hard to see a nub on but is more accurate than the silly chinese predictions!

I haven't had my 12 weeks scan :( so anyone who has had one and want to try the theory out go ahead!

Also the baby needs to be lying on its back like in the photos!

:cheer:

..........................................................................................................................................................

Ok im updating this so more people can look at there own scans to, hopefully this wil help explain it more.

The scans need to show fetus at the age of 11-12 weeks, its easier to see a nub at this stage (not saying it can't be done later but its harder)

Here is a clear boy nub

12w_male.jpg

Even though that nub is pointing up, a boy nub can even look similar to this

boywithangle.jpg
and here showing the angle
boyangled.jpg

Now with Girl nub you typicaly see this

12w_fem.jpg

And here another example of other girl nub, with angle to show difference.

girlnubwithline.jpg

Now these pictures are from babies with full body, on the back and are typical nubs, which are much easier to tell from.

But here comes the even more confussing part!

You can have girl nubs that are acutaly boys and boys that are girls :lol:

This is usualy in the case where there isn;t full view of the nub and there is a slit at the end of the nub (where even sonographers have confussed for girls.

Here are examples.

Girl looking like boy but is GIRL

girlnublookinglikeboy.jpg

Boy looking like girl but is BOY

boynubbutlookslikegirl.jpg

So as you can see it is quite hard and even sonographers mess it up with the theory, but with a good pic you can near enough guess right between 70 - 80 % of the time :D

my scan photos see what you think, ive ringed the nub area
first 2 are Thomas' 9 week and then 12 week and hes a boy
DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

then my 12 week scan with this baby by the looks of it this baby is a girl??
DSC01109.jpg

sorry they are huge
xx

Manda - The nub on the 12 week scan is still pointing up, where aswith the girls its straight across, I would of said boy for that shot.

Magic- you can see a very faint nub goign along but I wouldn't of been able to spot that if you didn't know it was a girl, you really have to look hard.

Angel hun, do you have any other scan pics? as I think I see a nub and its pointing up and would suggest boy, but its very hard from that pic!

Youve certainly got a knack for this hun i cant see bloody nothing in the way of a nub lol

Very interesting indeed........

Can't wait for my scan even more now!!!! Will be sure to be posting pics so we can all nub scrutinise!

:rotfl: Magic

I have looked at thousands on these websites :rotfl:

At the very bottom where you can see either a leg or cord (think its cord) below that there is a very faint nub

If you zoom out, you can see it clearer

Angel if you can, upload them and will have alook :D

edit: adding who it was too

babyblonde said:
Very interesting indeed........

Can't wait for my scan even more now!!!! Will be sure to be posting pics so we can all nub scrutinise!

:lol:

Actualy Angel hun if you got that pic and rotated it so the baby was on its back so tp speak (if you getme!) you will be able to see that clearer.

Tasha20 said:
Actualy Angel hun if you got that pic and rotated it so the baby was on its back so tp speak (if you getme!) you will be able to see that clearer.

:lol: I'm not sure what you mean...I can't get the other pics up because my phone won't upload to the computer (it's rather inconsistent)

:lol: sorry im not a clear at explaning lately either in posts, lets just put it down to the pregnancy :lol:

I will do that now for you

Manda - this is not a professional opinion don't sue if im wrong ( for entertainment purposes only :rotfl: )

Angel here you are hunny!

nubangel.jpg

Now I have circled what I believe is nub, and it is pointing up, which would suggest boy hunny

:lol: Yes we will see!

Ooo Manda another thing and for anyone else, here is a clear pic of girl nub

GIRLcropcopy.jpg

As you can see its below the 30 degree angle and straight.

Now Manda looking at yours again, I could be wrong, but to me I think its more angled than straight along like the example above.

Actualy Manda your boy nubs look more girl :lol: which is proven he is not, maybe the nub may not be right in your case :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back