What do I need for my hospital bag?

For all those wiv kids already,don't forget to pack them an overnight bag for wen ur in hospital. Im gonna put a few treats in my youngests bag for him to find cos I know he's gonna find it hard to settle at my sisters house xx

didnt even think of that emmamb thanks deffo need to do that! x

Not sure if its been mentioned but pack x2 tesco carrier bags for washing! had to get my mum to bring a couple in as had no where to put my washing and used baby bits!

Just thought of another couple, one of which is probably a big no no, but with my 2nd I took my own paracetamol in.....with my 1st child I had to ask several times & waited for ages each time I needed it. However I didnt actually need them in the end with my 2nd.

The other thing is medication...i.e. asthma inhalers.

Dont panic if you dont take an inhalor, I got one at the hospital :)

How big are these bags suppose to be? =S I'm gunna end up taking a massive suitcase and big bag lol! xx

for mommy:

hospital pass
underwear
shampoo
soap for bathing
many dress which can be accessible for breastfeeding ( if you bf)
curity pad, useful after giving birth to prevent blood stains on bed
your choice of food
breastfeeding bra
breastpads
formula milk if you don't bf
camera! :)
your own sandals/ slippers
towel

for baby:
formula milk
baby bottle
mild soap
mild shampoo
mittens
socks
soft shirts
soft shorts
cap
wrap blanket
pillows
diaper
thermometer
wet wipes

I guess that's it! :)

This has been very helpful as i have forgotten what i put in my bag last time

can i recommend some of them cool strips (like the one you use for migraines)

When i was in labor with my dd i got so hot and bothered and when her dad went to the hospital shop to get me more food he found some lavender cool strips and bought them as he thought they might help and they were amazing and as they stick to your head leaves your hands free for other things (for me that was eating lol )

Should I bring more than one nightie? I got a button down nightie and some baggy PJ's... now I'm wondering if I should get another nightie? Do you give birth in the hospital gowns and just wear a nightie afterwards?

I have a feeling this is going to be so expensive :|..I haven't even started to think about this yet lol!

I thought that dani.... i decided to primark it! Got 2 nightdresses, a pair of pj bottoms and a top with a hidden support in it. Got some cheap pants from there 2! And the slippers were about £2.
My grandma has been a godsend.... she gave me an old bath towel which can be thrown away after, some small toiletries bottle for shampoo etc so i can put a small amount i use at home in the bottles. I've packed the free sample nappies we got from pampers etc. Also packed the free wipes etc. Every little helps as they say xx

I bought 2 night sets from primark shorts and vest top that had buttons so great for bf, im so glad I did cos when I was giving birth I said to mw I was going to pass out from heat, luckily lo came before I did. It was so warm.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

A quick question here..I was thinking about taking my shorts PJ's but im really self concious of my legs so wont be getting out of bed, so was just wondering what material is the coolest to wear in hospital as usually they have issues with turning off the central heating lol :p

I brought loads to hospital - A mini suitcase and 2 biggish bags.

All i actually used were
- Hospital notes
- 2 pairs of pyjamas
- Spare underwear (Pack of 5)
- Phone charger
- Toiletries (Travel size)
- Towel
- Change of clothes
- 2 Outfits for baby
- 1 pair of mits & 1 Hat
- A few nappies (not that many) Nappy bags & 1 packet of wipes
- 2 Bibs
- Maternity pads

Think that was about it.... I was only in hospital 1 night though so best to be prepared.

Last edited:
This is a fab thread ladies - the only thing I can't see on there is hair grips! I'll be taking these so I can pin my fringe back good & proper, nothing worse than hair stuck to my sweaty face!

ok so far i have all the babys stuff nappies, wipes , cotton wool , bumcream , muslins , scratch mits , socks , blankets , bottles and milk just in case and of course going home outfit. but i am not sure with mine heres so far

Pjs

undies (lots)

towels ( both kinds )

Make up/ wash kit

going home clothes

5x alcohol free hand sanitisers(Nilaqua) because i'm a germaphobe

Do you give birth in whatever you choose to wear or do they give you a hospital gown?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back