Feeling low

cfw1981

Reaction score
I found out about 3 weeks ago that I am pregnant. It was not planned so a slight shock. I am married and very happy in my relationship but since I've found out about the baby I can't feel excited or happy. I will be 12 weeks next week and thought at first it was just the shock. However, I really haven't been feeling myself. I cry all the time and feel like I don't want this now. Then I feel guilty for how I am feeling as there is no reason for me to be feeling this way. My husband is out of work at the moment so I am worrying about our finances etc, plus my grandmother sadly passed away last week which hasn't helped the emotions. I just feel really low and I feel like I don't want to see or speak to anyone. I've spent most of the weekend just laying in bed. I wish I could stop feeling this way. It is my first pregnancy surely I should be overjoyed at this wonderful news. I just don't know what to do.
I am sorry if this post offends anyone xxx

hello congrats n ur pregnacy it can b a shock when you are planning a pregnacy so when it s un planned must b a massive shock !! have u had a scan yet ? maybe when u see ur baby u will feel better x

Sorry you have been having a rough time. It sounds like you have alot going on at the moment, and hormones in pregnancy tend to be up and down a bit anyway. Try not to be too hard on yourself. You may find that once you have had your first scan it will make you feel a bit better. My Grandmother passed away in January, when I was 3 months pregnant. I found out at the 20 week scan that I was having a girl, which made me feel better. It also helped that she was very excited that about the baby. I'm sorry I can't offer more help. hope you feel better soon

Oh hon, I'm so sorry you're not feeling good. Give yourself time to grieve properly, and don't place any expectations or pressure on yourself. Hopefully once the hurt from losing your grandmother has passed and the hormones have calmed down a bit, you will start to feel better. I too lost my nan when I was pregnant, it still breaks my heart that she never got to meet my son :cry:

So sorry you are feeling this way. Pregnancy can stir up a whole load of emotions and having the upset of losing your Grandmother must be very difficult for you.
I agree with the others that maybe you will feel better after your scan, but please dont put any pressure or expectations on yourself.
Have you talked to your oh about how you are feeling? It might help to ease your worries a bit. Please if you continue to feel low, go to your G.P or midwife for support, they will be able to help you through this. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.xx

Sorry you are feeling this way hun, pregnancy is so stressful as it is and the hormones make things 100 times worse. My pregnancy was planned but as I am reaching Tri 3 the fact that myself and my husband will have someone dependant on us all the time is daunting. I love our little baby more than anything in this world but it is still a lot to get my head around!

Give yourself time and make sure you speak to your MW about how you are feeling. xx

So sorry to hear that you're not feeling great! :( I think once you've managed to grieve for your grandmother, and you start to get into the swing of things with pregnancy and the hormones it brings with it, you'll begin to feel better.. Maybe seeing your baby at your first scan will help? Hope you feel better soon! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back