to dye or not to dye?

zaymisa

Reaction score
Hey everyone how you all doing?
I just got my haircut yesterday and it looks great lol apart from the few grey hairs!! so my question is can i dye my hair?

it is advised not to in the first tri something to do with the chemicals in the dyes as for I never dyed my hair till about two months after my son was born I left it well alone...

Hey hun I'm a hairdresser and we advice not to in ur first tri. However. Highlights are okay as the tint dosnt touch ur skin , but I have coloured my hair! Just really needed doing!! And everything was fine with me! Xx

You can get herbal dyes in Holland and barrett, meant to be ok to use during pregnancy, far less chemicals, I used last time and they work pretty well, £10 each though.

I'm waiting to do mine, my midwife said once I'm 12 weeks I will be fine.. I've past that now but now I'm wondering if I should just wait till tri 2 now after reading this...x

Hey hun I'm a hairdresser and we advice not to in ur first tri. However. Highlights are okay as the tint dosnt touch ur skin , but I have coloured my hair! Just really needed doing!! And everything was fine with me! Xx

was gonna say, I had highlights in the salon when I was pregnant, during the 1st trimester. My little boy is now one, and is perfect. I did tell the hair dresser and she advised the highlights for the above reason!

i had a big red streak when i got my bfp so dyed it once all my natural colour, it has gone a bit lighter where the red was but looks ok and baby seems to be fine x

My hair is very obviously dyed (dark red/purply colour) and midwife didnt mention not to dye it so im thinking she thinks its ok!! I dyed my hair in all three of my previous pregnancies and was ok so i will be dyeing my hair with this one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back