Alcohol whilst pregnant, your views?

vixforever

Reaction score
Just wondering everyones views on this and what they've been doing? I personally stopped all alcohol when I found out I was pregnant, what about everyone else? :)

Last time I had one smirnoff ice at a party and after about two sips the heartburn was unreal!!! So I haven't even considered it this time :lol:

I treat myself to the occasioal pint, no more than every couple of weeks, but then im not big on drinking, i only drink becaue i want something refreshing and fizzy and thats what i fancy, not to get drunk. My theory is, how on earth did we all get born healthily before all these "dont do this" rules came to be?

xxx

*EDIT* I forgot to add that it takes me over 1 1/2 hours to drink said pint.... im very very very slow drinker...

Last edited:
I stopped all alcohol as soon as I found out... Everyone keeps saying its fine to have one every now and then it wont hurt.. Which is true but I dont see the point in just having one so Id rather have none!!
Though the other day I did try a small bit of southern comfort and lemonade cause that was always my fave and I needed something refreshing. I only had one sip and I just didnt want anymore it was horrible!!x

Personally I havn't had any, although at new years I did try and have a glass of wine and I took one sip and thought I was going to throw up all over the place lol.

Ive got nothing against it though. I just don't want to risk being sick! x

The thought of alcohol makes me puke atm! I'm not even much of a drinker just liked the odd couple of WKD Blues!!

I've had a couple of Becks Blue which is 'alcohol free' beer (it has like .5% alcohol) over like a month and they were really refreshing but no full alcoholic drinks BUT I'm going to turn 25 in September a month before baby is due so will probably have a glass of wine or champagne but that's it x i've heard red wine is supposed to be good for you whilst pg (not like a bottle a week but a glass now and again). We were at a restaurant with my parents a few weeks ago and there was a heavily pregnant woman drinking glass after glass of wine and smoking heavily (going outside to smoke every 20-30 minutes)-I don't judge what other people do but it made me uncomfortable x I think one now and again isn't going to do any harm and I agree with shadow wolf! How have we survived?! I had medium rare steak the other week because I was really really craving it!

I'm seriously dying for a steak now.... nice and rare as it should be! *drool*

Thanks for that! XD

Lol x x I also made tuna with asparagus and salsa about 2 months ago and had that pink as it should be x yummy!!! Mmmmh I want steak now toooo! x x

I only drink on a night out so I can quite happily go without,I did with all my other pregnancies aswel,with my last pregnancy we had some friends round and my oh's mates gf was at me all the time to have a drink,ended ul openin a can,havin 2 sips then chucking the rest down the sink when she wasn't lookin lol. My sil offered me some jaques the other week and wen I declined she said 'i don't know how u can go 9 months without drinking,I couldn't' she used to start off with a glass and end up finishing the bottle!!

Lol see now if I wanted a WKD, I wouldnt decline myself one x

My theory is, how on earth did we all get born healthily before all these "dont do this" rules came to be?

Here here! I think there was a lot less miscarriage and all the rest of it before we all started worrying so much!!
[Sounds rash, it's not meant to be!]

Last edited:
I still have the odd one. Not every week but if I fancy one I'll have a can of lager or a glass of wine. Going out tonight for our anniversary meal and might have a glass of wine when we get home!

:)

I remember watching a programme ages ago cant remember what it was called though about Mums that still go on on the p!ss whilst preggers!

**added a poll for you to select now**

Last edited:
I haven't had anything since i found out i was pregnant. I dont think there is anything wrong with having a couple now and again, but for me if i had one, i would just want more, it would be torture! x

I've had the odd white wine spritzer every now and then. But I always tell them to make it half wine half lemonade, no more than that. Not every week though, just every now and then when I feel like giving my self a little treat. :p

Personally, I think the odd drink won't hurt.
Obviously, not necking back the vodka... just maybe a shandy in the garden every once in a while.
Lovely on a warm day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back