Alcohol whilst pregnant, your views?

I never had much of a budding relationship with alcohol in the first place so I've not really missed it!

The only times i've murdered for a drink is when it's glorious weather and I could quite easily sit in a beer garden with a pint! Or when we were in Cornwall and we went to the cider farm - they do a scrumptious strawberry wine...good job I bought a couple of bottles to bring home eh?! lol! x

Nope here, but then I haven't drank in 11 years so don't see much point in tking it up now :lol:

When I did drink I drank the low/no alcohol lager and it was lovely nice and cool :)

personally i dont drink and especially not when preggers i think if we cant abstain for 9months there is something seriously wrong it can affect the baby so is just not worth it i never drank befor either tho lol

Good girl Mamafy!

My Nan is 77 and never touched a drop in her life, apart from in cooking and food obviously :)

Strawberry wine :shock: Sounds delicious!

It's amazing! :) I've never been much of a drinker and I HATE wine! However the Strawberry wine from the Cider Farm in Cornwall tastes just like Ribena but with a hint of that wine taste - I love it! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

i put, i allow myself the odd drink.
although i havent had a drink yet, i prob will have one glass of wine when my niece is christened in 2 months time.
uuummmmm that strawberry wine sounds yummy xxxx

I was a drinker prior to getting pregnant. Not an alcoholic by any means but I drank red wine daily. It's the only thing I would drink and I miss it big time.

I have decided not to drink at all. Mainly because I worry that if I have one then I will want another so it's easier not to bother at all. Plus, I have also given up smoking completely and I think a glass of red would drive my cravings insane!!

I intend to never smoke again now i've put in the effort. However, I will be going back on the red wine as soon as I have had baby :)

I was a drinker prior to getting pregnant. Not an alcoholic by any means but I drank red wine daily. It's the only thing I would drink and I miss it big time.

I have decided not to drink at all. Mainly because I worry that if I have one then I will want another so it's easier not to bother at all. Plus, I have also given up smoking completely and I think a glass of red would drive my cravings insane!!

I intend to never smoke again now i've put in the effort. However, I will be going back on the red wine as soon as I have had baby :)

Do you think you will be able to not go back to smoking? This is worrying me a bit, as I havent touched one since i found out, but the cravings havent gone away, i know once i have a drink - i will really want to smoke? x

Agreed! Well done on quitting! I quit within 2 days of our BFP after 7 years of smoking - I didn't find it TOO tough, although I put that down to the morning sickness! The smell...eurgh! lol! I don't know how i'm going to cope the first time i'm down our local with a drink once bubs is born...! Really don't want to start again and i'd hate for my baby to be breathing in fumes from my clothes so think that may be enough to stop me going back. Although they say the cravings never go away, you just learn to ignore them. x

Last edited:

Do you think you will be able to not go back to smoking? This is worrying me a bit, as I havent touched one since i found out, but the cravings havent gone away, i know once i have a drink - i will really want to smoke? x

Hmmm, I'm worried about it too but I won't be able to afford it! I'm going to be a single mum so money will be very tight.

I have found giving up smoking thousands of times harder than drinking. I don't crave wine, it's just a nice to have. I have bad cravings for cigs though. It's been 5 weeks since I gave up for good though. It's getting easier...

Well done to you too x

Who voted I let myself get merry/drunk :shock:

Hands up to all you Mummys who have quit, hope you can stick to it afterwards aswell! :yay:

Would of helped if I'd corrected the word drunl to drunk before submitting it, wish I could change it :oops: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back