Could I be having a boy or is this an Interesting coincidence?:) Shocking! :)

LucyAnn

Reaction score
Hiya,

My Mom and Dad had 7 Children:lol:
Boy
Girl
Boy
Girl
Boy
Girl
Boy

One of my sisters has had 3 children
Boy
Girl
Boy

My OH's Mom and Dad had
Boy
Girl
Boy

And my OH's Brother has so far had
Boy
Girl

No one else in either family has had any more children yet only the above and they all follow the pattern!??!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we are so intrigued what do you think coincidence or will we have a boy, i'm amazed lol!!!?!
xxxx

Wow pretty amazing how it panned out for them, sorry to say think you have a 50/50 chance lol sorry x

Thanks :) I really dont mind either way just think its an amazing coincidence and wondered if in genes somehow this could carry on or if sex is determined in a completely different way?!!? lol
xxx

Suppose there would be a good chance but depends on if it is the X or Y sperm that get's there first x

ive gone

girl
boy
girl
boy
girl

i am the only 1 thats done this though lol

oh will be interesting to see if you have a boy, would be very freaky if you do :)

Whether you have a girl or boy is supposed to be due to how close to ovulation you are when you have sex.....xxx

Yeah there is a theory to it, something about boy sperm being stronger and lasting longer or something, but my baby brain can't quite remember - it does kinda make sense though xx

amandas kind of right!!! it is supposed to depend on how close to ovulation you "do it" . . . as;

male sperm swims quicker, so gets there sooner, but doesnt last as long outside the male body!

female sperm swims slower, so takes longer to reach the egg, but lasts longer outside the male body!

well thats what my sex-ed book my mum brought me says!!!

I would personally disagree with that theory though as I conceived bang on sex date and I'm having a girl which goes against it as girl sperm are slower

amandas kind of right!!! it is supposed to depend on how close to ovulation you "do it" . . . as;

male sperm swims quicker, so gets there sooner, but doesnt last as long outside the male body!

female sperm swims slower, so takes longer to reach the egg, but lasts longer outside the male body!

well thats what my sex-ed book my mum brought me says!!!

I've just watched The great sperm race and that's what it said too.
Even though the lady spermies swim slower you can technically be pregnant 14 hrs after sex! (hehe brain-iac me!!) :lol:

My mum went boy girl girl boy and I'm girl and this ones a boy

Patternwise, my mam and dad had a girl then boy, my hubby's parents had a girl then a boy, my hubby's sister had a girl then a boy, and I'm having a girl so if I have a boy next we'll all fit into our family pattern :)

In my family the pattern is
mam and dad had girl, girl then boy
sister has had boy then girl
OH's mam and dad girl then boy
OH sister girl
We have a boy and another boy on the way.
I can't help but think that it really has more to go with when you conceive rather than family patterns.

It will be interesting to see what you have, are you going to try to find out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back