Refusing solids

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
As many of you already know, Isla is not a great milk drinker but had been making up for it with solids.

But now she has been refusing solids - for the last 4 days. She'll take one spoonful and then just clamp up. We've been mainly giving her purees but even the ones that she normally loves, she's been refusing.

We've been giving her finger foods too but the only thing she'll actually eat is bread. The rest she plays with but can't manage to eat.

Her milk intake has increased slightly as she's not eating solids but I'm so worried that she is de-weaning!

Anyone elses little one done this and come out the other side..?

No advice Im afraid Hun other than what i've already said, have you tried giving veg whole as finger foods? perhaps she is Teething and her appetite will pick up once some teeth come through? x

Isla goes of her food when she's teething. She's going through an independent stage at the moment and will only have finger foods! She's just had a pancake, cheesy nugget, banana loaf, carrot crisp, and a yogurt.

Try not to worry if she's hungry she will eat x also check her mouth in a couple of days x

Oscar had been doing that this week. Yesterday I just tried to make it fun and shot the spoon around like a rocket and he actually started opening his mouth to ask for it, so it worked. This mornings breakfast was just as hard work, but dinner today he was back on track and stuffed the lot with no playing! Oh I've been giving him a spoon to hold while I feed him too. Before the rocket thing when he put the spare spoon in his mouth I'd put a bit of food in so he kinda thought he was feeding himself lol. Bit sneaky but I was getting worried about how much 'food' he had actually had this week! Today at dinner he still held a spoon though!

xxxx

Thanks everyone. I don't think it's teething - would it go on for 4 days...? Today has been better - we've offered more finger foods which she has done well with - carrot, raspberries, banana, courgette and strawberries have all been grabbed and some eaten!

We've also given her mashed rather than pureed food which she opened her mouth for. Maybe she's got fed up with puree...

Anyway, here's hoping it continues!

Maybe she wanted a bit more to get her teeth/gums into.
Hope her appetite continues to recover.

Isla wont eat puree food, only mashed. I managed to get a few spoonfuls inbetween finger foods. I made some blw snacks for her to eat and she loves them.

Hope she eats a bit more for you over the coming week xx

Tonight Oscar refused after 2 mouthfuls, so I chucked it away and gave him something different and he ate it all. Think he must just be developing his tastes and preferences so think I'm gonna have to start writing down what he does/doesn't eat now.

xxxx

I think its.normal that they go trough stages when they eat less. Last night Noa refused his jacket potatoes with tuna n this morning his egg sandwish. He played more than ate hos noodles for.dinner. I think its teething tho. X

I would agree teathing, Devon who had no teath till 3 weeks ago, stopped eating solids, and so I gave up and just did milk and water. when he seemed happier.

I started back on food about a week and a half later, then the next day he had a tooth, followed by a week later- 2 more teath and now a 4th tooth this week!! He is happier with his food now.

The only other thing is I have found if I eat a sarnie at the same time that he has baby food, he will clamp up and kick off, until he gets finger food (bread) himself!

Hope you can get enougth bits if food. fluids in her if milk is not her thing , till she gets back with it

My big boy has starting doing this over the last 3 or 4 days pursing his little lips tightly closed :wall2: However will happily eat finger foods, I have found that if I fill the spoon he happily holds it and then pops it in his mouth. He makes a terrible mess and it takes me forever to feed him (and his brother :lol:) but at least he takes it.

Thanks so much for all your responses.

Isla is doing better with her food now - we're offering more mashed food and finger foods and she's definitely more interested. She also loves playing with spoons and will happily feed herself once there's food on the spoon.

I need to start doing some more blw type things too - lots of fun to come!

Thanks so much for all your responses.

Isla is doing better with her food now - we're offering more mashed food and finger foods and she's definitely more interested. She also loves playing with spoons and will happily feed herself once there's food on the spoon.

I need to start doing some more blw type things too - lots of fun to come!

Brilliant news ! (I'm the same need to try more BLW foods but waiting for highchair to arrive as I'm not brave enougth to try more without a tray!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back