Alcohol whilst pregnant, your views?

I stopped completely once I found out I was pregnant but at about 4 months I saw my uncle who is a GP and he told me that after 16 weeks you can happily have 2-3 glasses of wine 2 or 3 times a week and it will do absolutely no harm to the baby as all it's vital organs are formed by then. He said that the strict guidelines as per usual are there for the (in his words) 'idiot minority' who have no idea of what is sensible. Since then I've had about 2-3 small spritzers with lemonade a week if I fancy it i.e. less than half of a small glass of white wine and then topped up with lemonade.

I don't feel at all bad about it as I'm confident that the tiny amount of alcohol I am having is not affecting the baby in a negative way and now I don't feel I'm missing out.

good opinion hun, wish i had a GP uncle! he could secure my every worry (bit of a hyperchondric :oops:) i think your limit sounds very reasonable! unfortunatly there are some people out there who drink over the limit :( hopefully that's a minority though like you say! xxx

I mean I've seen girls with like 8 month baby bumps, ready to pop! Stumbling over drunk in pubs, it was heartbreaking to see them doing that! But it's their choice x

aw that's awful vix. they must be unhappy somewhere in there heart to get so drunk like that when expecting a bundle of joy! it's quite sad really when you think about it. people don't need to get that drunk normally really, nevermind when pregnant! i was always so emabressed the next day if i had got so drunk that i couldn't even remember what had happend the night before and people were telling me what i did. i would sound so out of character! really put me off of ever getting properly drunk ever! i'm talking about when i wasn't pregnant btw!! lol xxx

LOL. It's just heartbreaking when you see these stories aswell of mothers taking drugs whilst pregnant and stuff and babys having withdrawal methods :(

omg i know, lik on jeremy kyle and stuff!!! i just don't get some people. :( xxx

woo for jezzaaa! loooook:

meandjezzakyle2.jpg

so embarressed of my ugly lauging face! i'm sure you can tell which one i am hehe xxx

Last edited:
If i fancy a small glass of wine once a week, i will have a glass, but that is it.

lol! i'm a sad moo that's what, hehe xx

Last edited:
uurrrmm.. last year in April i think! a distant friend was gonna go but ended up she couldn't and she knew i liked Jezza so offered the tickets to me for free! if you can be bothered travelling to manchester you should just apply on the itv website for tickets, they're free! they just phone you up randomly and offer them to you :) xxx

^^ I know, wow! I imagine it depends very much how alcohol was part of your life before you were pregnant, and I suppose if your pregnancy is supported by the people around you.

I had a small glass of red wine on friday night, hadnt had a drink since end of May before that, I REALLY enjoyed it!!! It lasted about 2 hours and I didnt finish it but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that first sip of a good glass of wine is brilliant!

Lol it's Tasha89 thats made me want to try Strawberry Wine!

i want strawberry wine!! where do you get this??? xxx

yeah i've not had a drink yet (unsure of whether to during breastfeeding?) strawberry wine would be perfect to have tho! i've bought 2 bottles of drink to have on a rainy day! a strawberry beer (fruli) and a strawberry cider.. can you see a pattern here?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back